dontknownotsure

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
Hi I have a 3 years old 500gb sata WDC WD5000AACS-00G8B1 and a 1 years old 1TB Seagate ST31000528AS I wish to sell, excellent SMART condition.

This would be my first time selling anything.

What price should I set? Would I be better off in private auction as opposed to selling to second hand shops?

do you recommend yahoo auction?

(location: japan)

Solution
I don't sell any hard drives, they can be recovered to mine whatever data for identity theft or whatever else that might be on those old drives despite a format.

I keep them a very long time. I have three that will be used as Slug targets later this month at the range. (Finally...)
Put it on eBay if you have something like that in Japan. I have three Seagate ST31000528AS in my computer and one in my external backup. Good drives!

Auction will get you a much better price than any second hand shops. Keep in mind that used hard drives do not fetch good prices. My suggestion is to use these in future builds or in external enclosures.

x Heavy

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
I don't sell any hard drives, they can be recovered to mine whatever data for identity theft or whatever else that might be on those old drives despite a format.

I keep them a very long time. I have three that will be used as Slug targets later this month at the range. (Finally...)

Solution