Sign in with
Your question

Memory card unreadable

Last response: in Storage
September 16, 2011 11:45:59 PM

Hello, I need to have some pictures recovered from a damaged memory card! What can I do?

More about : memory card unreadable

September 16, 2011 11:59:49 PM

Depends on what happened to it, if the connector is bent than you have to resolder it back on which is very painstaking and only works if your very talented at soldering. If its a firmware issue than good luck usually those are the ones you have to RMA. I always always tell people if its something important put it in 2 or more locations such as googledocs, dropbox, etc... I have seen 30 cases of this last year and I was only able to fix one by pure chance because I could bend the pins back of the connector.
m
l
September 19, 2011 7:22:15 AM

What kind of damage it is? If it is physically damaged then you can't recover data yourself, you need to visit some data recovery expert who recovers data manually or if the data in inaccessible then check it in Bios or device manager, it it show up there then you can recover your data & files by a memory card recovery software; if it is there then i will suggest you Recovery Fix for windows memory card recovery software for the same. For more details - Memory card recovery
m
l
Related resources
November 21, 2011 1:52:10 PM

hermom said:
Hello, I need to have some pictures recovered from a damaged memory card! What can I do?

Can your PC recognize your memory card? If not, it could be very troublesome. Find some way to let your PC recognize your card somehow, even formatting does not matter. Then use a third-party data recovery software (free-trial, do you do not need to pay for anything). http://www.recovery-programs.com/recover-photos.html The card should appear as a "Removable Drive", click it to search for lost photos. the photo recovery tool will recover your pictures.
m
l
December 25, 2012 9:09:34 PM

Hello! mine is more than just photos. I have important files in pdf, ms word, note pad, voice notes, music etc, along side my photos on the memory card. it keeps prompting me to reformat the momory card. please how Can i get all my files back?
m
l
January 30, 2013 5:44:11 AM

Is it seriously damaged?
A memory card or drive can be damaged differently, physically and logically. The physically damaged drive or memory card is often irrecoverable. However, the logically damaged drive or memory card can still be recognized and fixed by formatting.
Therefore, you could connect it to you computer and check it by running Windows Error-checking tool: My Computer=>Right click any partition=>Properties=>Tools=>Check Now.
If your SD card is logically damaged, you can try a SD card recovery freeware to retrieve your data back and format this card to fix it afterwards. I think this free one must easily recover your data since it has helped successfully recover the inaccessible data of my friend. It is worth a shot.
To get it there: http://blog4mark.blogspot.com/2012/12/sd-card-recovery....
m
l
January 31, 2014 4:54:59 PM

- Try Remo Recover software on it. I tried it on my SanDisk card that suffered from read / write error and it worked perfectly

m
l
!