Intel RTS2011LC questions.

izajasz

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
Hello all,

I am thinking of buying RTS2011LC cooler for my Rampage IV Extreme + core i7 3930K build , and i have some questions - i was searching over internet and couldt find any legit info about if that cooler has automatic fan control - dont want to have max rpm fan or some buttons like on corsair H80 and H100 - i want the regulation like on the ASUS mobo (CPU QFAN) . Another question is , does somebody know if i unplug the fan from the pump and plug it into the mobo header to use mobo fan control , will the pump work correctly ? The temps are not very superb but the H80 and H100 has flaws : http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=97733&page=23 which i have experienced myselfe thus im thinking of ending my suffering with cosntant RMA's etc and buy this.

Cheers.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Aren't Corsair/Asetek made by the same vendor??

You could use MB fan headers and Speedfan to control them, or rely on BIOS settings to control them. Otherwise...there are some simple fan controllers out there, but that moves you from automated fan control to manual.

izajasz

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
Well my R4E mobo has automatic fan control and i would be using PWM fans . The other thing is does this cooling have auto fan control with stock fan connected to pump ; )

Lutfij

Titan
@ izajasz - where dya live?

1| if you think the H80's and H100's have a glitch, you'll be gladly notified that the intel cooler also made by asetek has its flaws. The fan you get initially with the kit is only on one direction - set to push/pull. reversing the order will just mean more "pc shut off time". and furthermore, the H80's and H100 had a pump failing issue not long ago - but they replaced them free of charge. You'd also eventually get your own choice of fans to dissipate the heat from the rad. so all your left with that price tag is the blue LED on the pump chamber/cooler plate...

2| you will get full automation from the pump hosing or the CPU fan header but as i read a long time back the fan is loud, so using it low will just mean higher temps and would defeat the purpose of going with the intel cooler.

3| all asus boards have automated fan regulation and they can be manually adjusted - your choice

4| you can find more on googling that cooler - i had it but lost the link to it when i saw the conclusion was - "Its bad" :)

hope these help mate!

izajasz

Distinguished
May 12, 2011

Well , they replace it for more defected ones. If You would read the whole thread u would see that everyone RMA'ing their H100 gets same or more flawed. About the intel cooler , i wanted to know if plugging in the fan to mobo header wont make the pump on itnels cooling work wrong.
Cheers.

Lutfij

Titan
i wanted to know if plugging in the fan to mobo header wont make the pump on itnels cooling work wrong.

erm, if i've gotten it straight. ALL of the LCS' work by having the pump connected to any mobo fan header EXCEPT the cpu fan header. but have a read here:
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1784/1/

FYI - that was the first link on a google search that i hit.

* what does the manual say?

izajasz

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
I would stick with the H100 but i got replacement that worked worse then the initial one ... ; ( NH D-14 and similar are too big -- i use RAM with tall RADS... So the only wa s those closed loop WC.

Lutfij

Titan
you mean tall heatsinks - and not rads - since when did ram dimms come with their own watercooling pump and rad?

why bother asking here if you have the answer somewhere in the back of your mind :/ ?