HDD recognized in BIOS, but not in My Computer

RichterFry

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
I've just recently finished assembling my first build (literally, last night), and so I'm just trying to get a few things onto this computer. I have a SSD (40 gbs), and a 1 tb HDD. Now, when I boot my computer, automatically goes to a system screen because I have a CPU fan error or something, which isn't a big deal, so then I enter the BIOS, choose which drive to boot from (either my optical drive, my SSD or my HDD). If try booting from either my SSD or my HDD, all that my computer seems to recognize for storage space is my SSD. When I try to download something, it constantly tells me that there isn't enough space on my computer. I do have my OS installed on my SSD. Can anyone help? :S

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010

First you need to make sure that your CPU coolers fan is actually working, maybe you have it hooked up to another fan connector than the CPU FAN it is supposed to be installed in.

Now, to your HDD issue, you need to go to Computer Management, it's in Control Panel, Administration, System and Security.

Click Disk Management, you should now see both of your HDDs in the list.

If the 1 TB drive is a new drive, you need to first format it. Right click the drive and you should get a guide instructing you on how to format the drive.