Sign in with
Your question

Can dvd burner be on a split sata power cable with hard drive

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
October 29, 2009 4:01:40 AM

I am having problems with my dvd burner and dvd rom drives. My most used dvd burner is on the same sata power cable as my main hdd. The dvd burner used to make my computer run very quirky and slow when it was in use. Now the dvd drive has gone out on me. The dvd rom is on the same sata cable as my scratch disk. It sometimes doesn't want to work well either but not like the primary. Should these drives not be piggy backed with the hard drives? I only have the two sata outs on the PSU.

Beth

More about : dvd burner split sata power cable hard drive

October 29, 2009 9:40:39 PM

Quote:
I am having problems with my dvd burner and dvd rom drives. My most used dvd burner is on the same sata power cable as my main hdd. The dvd burner used to make my computer run very quirky and slow when it was in use. Now the dvd drive has gone out on me. The dvd rom is on the same sata cable as my scratch disk. It sometimes doesn't want to work well either but not like the primary. Should these drives not be piggy backed with the hard drives? I only have the two sata outs on the PSU.

Beth

There should be no reason that you couldnt piggy back them. Unless the power supply is underpowered!
m
l
Related resources
!