Tags:
  • Sound Cards
  • Audio
  • Internet
  • Components
Last response: in Components
Anonymous
January 15, 2010 11:44:53 AM

When i scroll upp and down in internet i hear a low krrrrrrr sound forn the speakers. i have p5q deluxe motherboard and i ame using the on board audio.

Does this audio has a explanation

More about : sound krrrr noise

January 15, 2010 5:28:09 PM

I don't know what is causing that sound. Did it start happening all of a sudden for no apparent reason? Did it start happening after something else happened? Does it come and go? Has it always done it? Does it go away when you give the case a good thump? My first instinct is that it's normal or it's a hardware problem.

A few ideas: A Windows Theme that includes a scroll sound. A dying power supply whose filtering is starting to go. A browser with a scroll sound. A website with a scroll sound. A cable in the case too close to something.
Anonymous
January 15, 2010 8:23:11 PM

A dying power supply whose filtering is starting to go???
can you explain?
can power supply make sound when scrolling with mouse if so what can someone do about it.
Related resources
January 15, 2010 8:37:50 PM

I'm going to lean more towards some sort of interference. Are you using a wireless, USB, or PS2 mouse?

January 15, 2010 8:38:54 PM

And by no means should you, 'give your case a good thump'. I really hope that was a joke.
January 15, 2010 8:52:43 PM

I have had that EXACT problem in the past but I was never able to trace it to anything concrete. I think I uninstalled all the software for the card, cleaned up the inside of my pc, reseated the sound card (I know you have on-board sound, I am just saying what I did), rerouted/cleaned up all the internal wiring in the enclosure and at the rear of the PC and moved the wireless receiver for my keyboard and mouse....basically tried to eliminate any potential source(s) of interference (even dust).

Sorry I can't provide any specific details but like aford10, I am leaning towards interference rather than a failing component. I know the exact rrrrrrr sound you are talking about...when using the scroll bars on a web page....freaking irritating. But it went away and I never replaced any hardware, I just really cleaned up the interior and all the wires.

and uninstalled/reinstalled drivers and software
January 15, 2010 9:30:41 PM

Quote:
A dying power supply whose filtering is starting to go???
can you explain?
can power supply make sound when scrolling with mouse if so what can someone do about it.

Didn't mean to scare you. Sound can make its way back through the supply when a capacitor goes bad, but that was a remote possibility. The fix would be a new power supply.

You give us very little to go on, and you're not answering any of my diagnostic questions. The other respondents are right when they say it's most likely "interference", stray RF reaching the sound circuits by induction, my "cable too close to something". The fix for that is clean the dust out, move the wires around, and jiggle all the plugs.

About giving it a good thump, I do it sometimes to see if there's a loose connection, but yes, you can hurt your hard drive that way.
January 16, 2010 1:34:45 AM

I've given it alot of thought, if it was a crrrrrr sound we all know what that is , been around for years. The stronger krrrrrrr is much more of a mystery though as there are only a few cases logged of that particular sound. The capacitor is usually more of hiss or siss noice like air leaking.
January 16, 2010 1:43:18 AM

roonj said:
I've given it alot of thought, if it was a crrrrrr sound we all know what that is , been around for years. The stronger krrrrrrr is much more of a mystery though as there are only a few cases logged of that particular sound

What?? :lol: 
January 16, 2010 2:32:13 AM

There maybe nothing wrong with your computer, on any computer you can hear background noise if you turn the volume down using the volume control on the task bar and turning up the volume of the speakers. Make sure that you have the volume control on the computer set at the maximum including the wave control and the SW synth control, and turn down the speaker volume. Most of the interference you can hear from the speakers comes from the CD drive if you have an internal audio lead installed in which case try turning down the volume of the AUX input (you may need to enable this in the options).
Anonymous
January 16, 2010 9:00:17 AM

I have a wireless mouse and keybord and the recevier is placed near the speaker.

One more question about PSU my psu makes hiss sound when it my pc is on but when i play games or stess my cpu with everest the hiss sound disappears. It returns when my close games and stops stessing cpu. But sometimes when pc is idle the sound isn't there but can appear from now hear. This sound i comming from PSU. Is it the fan or a component in psu that is going bad i have the gurantee should i complain.
January 16, 2010 1:57:50 PM

Plug your receiver into your front panel USB, and place it somewhere not next to a speaker. That should confirm or eliminate it as the source of the interference.
!