Caviar Black 1TB Clonig OS or Instaling New One

macakencia

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Hello I'm geting a new HHD WD Caviar Black 1TB, my actual HHDis a Caviar Green 1TB with a 40GB partition for OS and the rest for storage, my question is Can i make a Clon of the 40GB partition in my new HHD but change the size from 40GB to 300GB?? i know the Acronis True Image can make the Cloning but i don't Know about the size changing.

Solution
The size of the partition suggests you are using linux?

If you are using Windows you can adjust the size of partitions via Computer Management \ Storage \ Disk Managment capabilities. You can get to Computer Management by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage"

mbahr

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
The size of the partition suggests you are using linux?

If you are using Windows you can adjust the size of partitions via Computer Management \ Storage \ Disk Managment capabilities. You can get to Computer Management by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage"

Solution

macakencia

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Well I just did Instal W7 again in the new wd 1TB Caviar black, 300 gb partition for OS, software and Games, i did transfer all the files from the caviar green to the second partition of the caviar black and after format put it back as a one single logical drive for storage, and it's working well.