Sign in with
Your question
Solved

HP recovery from partition, date files missing

Last response: in Windows XP
April 22, 2012 5:48:51 PM

I did a system recovery and the HP message said that it would restore C: to factory condition and would keep data files. Music, pictures, etc are now gone. Anybody know why? When I look at the D: partition it looks like there are some system restore points on there; system restore on C: shows no restore points. It just came to me that maybe if I made the D: partition active then system restore would be able to get restore points from there. Would that work? Any suggestions on how to recover the photos and music would be GREATLY appreciated. (I really want those files back, but the expense of a data recovery service is excessive.) Thanks.

Best solution

April 22, 2012 8:43:09 PM

nodellsplease said:
I did a system recovery and the HP message said that it would restore C: to factory condition and would keep data files. Music, pictures, etc are now gone. Anybody know why? When I look at the D: partition it looks like there are some system restore points on there; system restore on C: shows no restore points. It just came to me that maybe if I made the D: partition active then system restore would be able to get restore points from there. Would that work? Any suggestions on how to recover the photos and music would be GREATLY appreciated. (I really want those files back, but the expense of a data recovery service is excessive.) Thanks.

There are free data recovery apps on the web, if you just search for them.
RECUVA is one.
May 11, 2012 12:08:06 AM

Best answer selected by nodellsplease.
!