Why Does NTI Platinum Plus Work With XP But Not With Either Windows 7P

airwolfflies

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
On my old Gateway system I had Windows XP Professional installed and was very happy with a program from NTI that ripped CD's into MP3's and copied DVD's. It was called NTI Platinum Plus . Very nice program to use and quite simple to operate. But when I made the move to a new ultra fast PC (My old system had 1GB of RAM, a 256MB video card and a Pentium IV cpu with a 320 GB HD) this program will not work on my new PC with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OS, nor will it work with my Dell Inspiron 1521 Laptop with 2 GB of RAM, ATI Radeon 1730 video card and a 160 GB HD with Windows Vista Premium.

As I am very new to the whole computer world, I don't know why the program worked on my original PC, but cannot understand why this very easy to use program will not work with my Vista laptop nor my Windows 7 64 bit PC. I thought all Windows systems would work on other windows systems, but obviously that conclusion was wrong on my part. Does any one have a logical explanation for why the NTI Platinum Plus works on XP and not with Windows 7 64 bit OS or Vista Premium?

Please make your answer simple for me so I will be able to understand and learn more to increase my knowledge of all this new computer world. On the same track though, I am learning and have COD 4 Modern Warfare and Crysis and play them on my 32 Inch Element Monitor and these games graphics are simply astoundingly realistic! :hello:

Solution

The best way to put it, Vista and 7 is programed differently from XP. If the program wasn't made or updated to run on a newer os then chance are that wont work.

Also im guessing that xp you had was 32 bit, so there maybe some issue with the program running on a 64 bit OS.

Solution