Is it time to overclock yet?

bigtrev85

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
Hi community :ange: :ange: , quick question here. I have the AMD x4 Propus 3.0. IMO it's a great CPU. But I read about all these new CPU's with speed way higher than mine. Is it time for me to overclock? What do you think? I have a liquid cooler also. The Corsair H60. :hello: :hello: :hello: :lol:

Solution
If you haven't disabled Cool and Quiet (C&Q) in your BIOS. I recommend trying that first and seeing how you like it. I currently have a 700 Mhz overclock on my X6 1045t and like it. But the most noticeable difference for day-to-day stuff has come from disabling C&Q.

I was surfing the web at 800 Mhz because C&Q didn't think I needed full speed for loading you tube videos and such.

For the longest time, I thought I was waiting on the internet when C&Q had the world waiting on me. lol.

Try it.

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
If you haven't disabled Cool and Quiet (C&Q) in your BIOS. I recommend trying that first and seeing how you like it. I currently have a 700 Mhz overclock on my X6 1045t and like it. But the most noticeable difference for day-to-day stuff has come from disabling C&Q.

I was surfing the web at 800 Mhz because C&Q didn't think I needed full speed for loading you tube videos and such.

For the longest time, I thought I was waiting on the internet when C&Q had the world waiting on me. lol.

Try it.

Solution

bigtrev85

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010

Thank you for the tip!! :pt1cable:

lowjack989

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Don't forget to enable a High Performance State in Windows as it will Disable the power sipping C-n-Q program without having to do it in BIOS...You can also manually adjust CPU throttling through advanced tab in the power state menu

bigtrev85

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010

Seems to be running better. Seems.....snappier? I'm not sure if that's the right word for it! But it's more responsive. I installed CPU-Z and before it was idle at 800mhz. Now idle is 3100mhz normally. It that really gonna suck up that much power? And does C&Q affect how the H60 cooler runs? Thanks for the answers guys. :hello: :hello:

bigtrev85

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010

Thank you!