Old cd drive, newer computer

xxmetalmosherxx

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011
Hello,

I had a question its kinda stumping me. I just bought an older computer so i could rip it apart and put it in my current computer. It came with a card kiosk which installed perfectly, however my problem is the CD/DVD burner drive, it has light scribe aswell.

Anyway this drive is fairly old, it doesnt take have the SATA plugs things, I have no idea how to install it into my computer and i'm hoping there is a way, when i pulled it out of its old computer it was connected by the 4 pin connector and some ribbon like cable. Which are required in order for this to work in my computer? My motherboard is made by biostar. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

it doesnt take have the SATA plugs things, I have no idea how to install it into my computer and i'm hoping there is a way, when i pulled it out of its old computer it was connected by the 4 pin connector and some ribbon like cable.

The ribbon-like cable is a lot like an IDE snake.

If that doesn't clear things up pretty much, follow these simple instructions.

1. Determine what version of operating system your computer uses, and write this information on a piece of paper. If you don't know how to determine the version, just write down "Version 2.038."

2. Now write down the numbers and expiration dates of all your credit cards.

3. Now mail this information, along with your mother's maiden name, to...

WARNING WARNING DELETE DELETE