Computer acting up

eman121298

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
i recently had the internet security 2010 virus.i installed spybot and it looked like it had removed it.because i was able to use the task mngr so i tried restarting.now it goes thru the dell logo then the windows then when its suppose to start the screen is blank.it shows my wallpaper but no icons folders start menu.

Didja try Safeboot, then going to one of the free online virus scan sites like TrendMicro's or Microsoft Security Essentials? Once you're virus-free then try system restore.

eman121298

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
ok.thanks for that.i already had trendmicro installed and did not detect the virus...therefore i installed spybot..which when it detected, it erased and i was once again able to open tsk mngr an so on..but now i turn it on ..and goes thru the usual dell logo then the windows loading ..and when it open the desktop, it doesnt show anything but the wallpaper..no icons no start menu cannot use tsk mngr..and if i start in safe mode it tells me 2 log in a admin once i click it.it doesnt log me in..it says logging in then changes quickly to logging off