XP is barely hanging in there

I know itll be awhile before DX9 disappears, and DX10/11 takes over, but some think XP will be around for quite awhile, and, Ive been keeping track.
Latest Steam numbers
steam_os_0910.jpg

I think I estimated by January, but maybe sooner?

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007

I don't know, I'm thinking the true bottleneck is the conosoles.

Thats true, but increasing the size of the available audience, it will eventually have impact.
And even the consoles only will last so long.
They say another 2 years? By then, DX11 will be standard.
I just want us on DX10 first, and not have say, a Batman AA game that you have to mess with for DX10 to work in DX10

I like the step ATI have made with restricting official support for W7 drivers to DX10+ cards. Is this a DX11 issue, as in will a patched to DX11 Vista machine have the same restriction or is it a definate W7 only thing ?

Either way its a decent step in the right direction, but could backfire on W7 sales if those with office/slight gaming usage machines now cant make the upgrade to W7. My daughters PC has a X1XXX card in it and i was considering putting W7 on that but upgrading the graphics isnt in the budget so it will have to stay on XP.

Mactronix

I'm on xp right now and don't expect to stop using it even after Microweenie decides to stop supporting it. Some of my mapping programs run on it fine so no need for 64bit even though I have swapped some things over onto a faster 64bit machine. And why upgrade to W7 if you're running Vista. You can run DX11 on Vista so it's a no brainer. DX11 looks good and runs fine on it.

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20091106PD213.html

TRENDING THREADS