Sign in with
Your question

Windows installer is stuffed

Last response: in Windows XP
April 23, 2012 6:15:48 AM

Hello,
My windoes explorer seems to be stuffed, I did get a virus or malware some time ago and may or may not have removed it properly - at present my virus scan detects no bad files. But when I download say Itunes latest version and go to install it does nearly all of it and then bombs out saying that my windoes installer has a file problem (or words to that effect). I have tried some of the deregister and reregister commands I have found but that didn't help - can I remove all the WE files and reinstall WE? what shoudl I do - do I need to take it to a techy?
April 23, 2012 6:36:44 AM

doobyjane said:
Hello,
My windoes explorer seems to be stuffed, I did get a virus or malware some time ago and may or may not have removed it properly - at present my virus scan detects no bad files. But when I download say Itunes latest version and go to install it does nearly all of it and then bombs out saying that my windoes installer has a file problem (or words to that effect). I have tried some of the deregister and reregister commands I have found but that didn't help - can I remove all the WE files and reinstall WE? what shoudl I do - do I need to take it to a techy?

Stuffed ?

Install / uninstall problems (eg registry entries etc) can be corrected by running Microsoft Fixit, and choosing where your problem lies, installation or uninstalling.
m
l
!