Curious about onboard video

G

Hello, Im wondering if theres any point to onbaord video if i plan to get a video card anyway.

Solution
No there isn't really except for the added option of it for testing.

Let me explain, if your system is having problems you have to test your components to find out which is the culprit. This includes taking out one RAM stick at a time etc. If you suspect your video card is playing up you need to take it out and replace it with a different one, however if you have onboard garphics you are able to just take it out then run on the onboard.

So don't go out of your way to get it, but if you don't have an easy access to parts (don't have computer hardware friends, don't have other computers which have PCIe cards) then you could think about getting it a bit more. However generally it isn't needed.

Wolygon

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
No there isn't really except for the added option of it for testing.

Let me explain, if your system is having problems you have to test your components to find out which is the culprit. This includes taking out one RAM stick at a time etc. If you suspect your video card is playing up you need to take it out and replace it with a different one, however if you have onboard garphics you are able to just take it out then run on the onboard.

So don't go out of your way to get it, but if you don't have an easy access to parts (don't have computer hardware friends, don't have other computers which have PCIe cards) then you could think about getting it a bit more. However generally it isn't needed.

Solution