Sign in with
Your question

Help! Black Border around my Monitor!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 7, 2009 7:09:15 PM

So I recently got the 23" 1920x1080 LG FLatron W2361VG and Upgraded my computer to Windows 7 (I also Have 2 crossfired HD4850's and I am using a DVI to HDMI adapter). But I notice that there is always a Black border around the edges of my monitor that I can only get rid of when I enter a game like WOW or FarCry 2. Plz help me, I don't want to have to enter a game everytime I turn on my computer to make it Fit the full screen.

P.S. I was wondering whether is was a good choice to use a DVI to HDMI adapter rather than just using DVI?

More about : black border monitor

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 8, 2009 2:59:31 AM

The DVI to HDMI will show no difference from the DVI adapter. Have you tried manually adjusting and saving the monitor stretch settings?
m
l
October 26, 2010 5:22:32 PM

Had the same issue with my Samsung SyncMaster B2030 (connected to my laptop via a DVI to HDMI cable), here's how it got resolved: very simple,

press (and hold) the function key (sometimes indicated as [fn]) on your laptop keyboard and then press (and release) the function key (f4 or whatever it happens to be) on your laptop till the laptop display gets switched off. The border issue should vanish now. If, after, you face any issue with the resolution on your LCD monitor, choose the highest resolution from Control panel -> Display settings. For my 20" LCD monitor I had the resolution set to 1600 X 900. These steps resolved the border issue for me, hope this information helps. By the way, the OS on my laptop was Windows vista.
m
l
Related resources
October 26, 2010 7:41:58 PM

Have you tried changing the GPU scaling settings in the Catalyst Control Center?
m
l
February 11, 2014 12:59:16 AM

Joslock said:
Have you tried changing the GPU scaling settings in the Catalyst Control Center?

I have the same problem but I cant access the CCC help me please
m
l
!