Buying 5770

hey forum,

i recently got the nvlddmkm has stopped responding and recovered error

my gts 250 is dead

i wanted to try Ati now.

since i've no experience with ATI,
i wanted to asked the forum is the 5770 would work okay with my specs.

xfx 680i LT
8Gb ram
E8200 OC'ed to 3.2Ghz
750W power Supply
10 answers Last reply
More about buying 5770
  1. yes it would work fine, make sure you: uninstall drivers, reboot, clean with driver cleaner pro, reboot then install your new hardware.
  2. thanks alot :)
  3. probably would work great, though you may want to try to get a 5850 since you can't use crossfire on that board (5770 is a little under a 4870)
  4. mindless728 said:
    probably would work great, though you may want to try to get a 5850 since you can't use crossfire on that board (5770 is a little under a 4870)

thats true actually
    how much is a 5850 right now?
  5. It's $300, but good luck finding one available.
  6. 5770 is crossfire ready
  7. what brand is your GTS 250? You should be able to RMA the card....
  8. ^ what this guy said. most cards ships with at least 2 years warranty.

i get that nvlddmkm error (only in vista) as well. and the only fix i was able to come up with was to completely unplug the system from the wall socket, as a simple reboot didnt help (weird, made me want to split my gtx260-216 in half everytime i see that error). it might help.
  9. I had the same issue with the first batch of 250's and didn't hesitate to RMA the card back to BFG. The replacement card is still going strong 24/7 .....
  10. @ Quicksilver: Just reinforcing what has been said: The card is probably under warranty, so RMA it, there's no need to get a replacement...I hope.
    If not then yes, the HD5770 would be a fine replacement although if cash is tight (when not?) and you are not too bothered with DX11 then a 1 Gb HD4870 would probably be a cheaper, and easier to find option.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Power Supplies ATI Graphics