memory check

i am getting an error stop: 0000007f.i presume i have to
conduct a memory check.how do i do it.

I went for years without a memory checker, then three came along at once! I
found that there are three different programs to check the quality of your
computer memory on the Ultimate Boot CD (http://ubcd.sf.net/), along with
many other useful programs. But rather than downloading 57Mb, for now just
get the Microsoft Windows Memory Diagnostic from
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp. You'll have the option of making a
bootable floppy disk or an ISO CD image ready to burn. Obviously the former
is easier. It'll keep going through a batch of six tests until it finds
errors or is switched off. Quick and simple, but can take upto ten minutes
for the first pass, on older systems with lots of slow RAM.
If that doesn't find it try http://www.memtest.org/ or
http://www.simmtester.com/PAGE/products/doc/docinfo.asp. You're sure to find
the problem with one of these. If not, its possibly something else, such as
a problem with your software or even your other hardware.

Nik