Sign in with
Your question

Qvl for asus m4a785td-v evo memory

Last response: in Motherboards
April 26, 2010 12:34:47 PM

Hello,
I recent bought the asus m4a785td-v evo motherboard. In looking to buy memory from the QVL in the manual a lot of the memory that I checked was discontinued. Can you recommend a reasonable 1600mhz memory. Can the 1333mhz memory be overclocked? I am new to overclocking. I have also bought the AMD 965 processor. Please advise
April 26, 2010 1:32:00 PM

balbi85 said:
Hello,
I recent bought the asus m4a785td-v evo motherboard. In looking to buy memory from the QVL in the manual a lot of the memory that I checked was discontinued. Can you recommend a reasonable 1600mhz memory. Can the 1333mhz memory be overclocked? I am new to overclocking. I have also bought the AMD 965 processor. Please advise

can any ddr3 memory work on this board?
April 26, 2010 3:16:03 PM

Hello, I recently purchased the same board and it drove me nuts :pt1cable:  deciding on the memory. I looked into the 1600mhz but I saw that some people were having problems with it and as I am new to system building (not gonna try overclocking just yet) I decided to go with the lowest CAS I could find for the 1333mhz:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

G-Skill is great RAM for the price and these work well with this board (you will have to go into the bios and set the timing yourself - easy to do if you haven't done it before like me). As far as overclocking goes I'm not sure but I've read that this has been accomplished by others. If you have more questions here is a link to the G-Skill forums - just search for the m4a785td-v evo(on ddr3 board) and read up on the different issues people have had - though be warned this might confuse you even more - just when I feel I've learned a lot about PC's I read some of these posts and realize I'm only at the tip of the iceberg of my knowledge. Good luck!! :D 
http://www.gskill.us/forum/

Just to let you know, if you do get 1600mhz RAM it will default to 1333 with this board, you will have to set everything manually to get it to run at the rated speed. Also be warned that you cannot (as of yet) change the Command Rate in the bios for the RAM, I believe it is always set at 1T (which, in my limited knowledge, can affect your ability to overclock the RAM - somebody please correct me if I'm wrong :non:  )
April 27, 2010 3:43:33 PM

balbi85 said:
Hello,

I too purchased this exact same board and processor. I also purchased 1866Mhz ram which the board reads at 1333Mhz. It looks like this is an ongoing issue with this board. I need to figure out how to get the motherboard to read the Ram correctly. I too have a post on this forum to try and get help on this. Hope you figure it out
!