Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Water and Tubing temps?

Last response: in Overclocking
March 2, 2012 2:15:34 AM

So, I've just set up my wc loop and it's working great. My gpu went from 75C at load to 40-45C despite increasing the voltage to 1.3v (the max AB lets me).
My cpu temps are a bit hotter (~60C, swaying up and down 5 degrees or so on prime) with vcore reading at a high 4.32v on load.

My question is about tubing temps. The tubing I bought said max temp was 65C, what happens if I go over that? Also, I didn't buy a temp sensor so I don't know what the water temp actually is. What would you guys estimate it at for the temps I gave above? WC parts in sig.

More about : water tubing temps

Best solution

March 2, 2012 2:25:48 AM

slicedtoad said:
So, I've just set up my wc loop and it's working great. My gpu went from 75C at load to 40-45C despite increasing the voltage to 1.3v (the max AB lets me).
My cpu temps are a bit hotter (~60C, swaying up and down 5 degrees or so on prime) with vcore reading at a high 4.32v on load.

My question is about tubing temps. The tubing I bought said max temp was 65C, what happens if I go over that? Also, I didn't buy a temp sensor so I don't know what the water temp actually is. What would you guys estimate it at for the temps I gave above? WC parts in sig.

That depends on what rads you have in your system. Now for the temps you mentioned, those are just for the chips themselves. The water is much cooler than that. A safe estimate of the water temperature would be around 10C above the ambient air temperature in your room. Assuming around 20C room temp, your water temp is probably around 30C maybe a little warmer, well within safe limits.
a c 330 K Overclocking
March 2, 2012 2:38:01 AM

Quote:
That depends on what rads you have in your system. Now for the temps you mentioned, those are just for the chips themselves. The water is much cooler than that. A safe estimate of the water temperature would be around 10C above the ambient air temperature in your room. Assuming around 20C room temp, your water temp is probably around 30C maybe a little warmer, well within safe limits.

Pretty much right on the money with that. This is called delta-T, or the relationship of water temperature to ambient air temperature based on heat load, cooling capacity of radiators (including fans) and flow rate of your pump.

Nice work, my friend.
m
l
Related resources
March 2, 2012 2:38:17 AM

hey, what happened to my sig? meh, i'm using this kit with a aquacomputer 6950 block and 24v pump controller added on. the rad is an rx360 with three of these fans.

Good to know that tubing temps aren't a problem. This means the temp limits on my components are basically the same as before right? Going above my current cpu voltage might be considered "unsafe" but I don't mind replacing it if it blows. Maybe I'll even get a better one (mine takes a shiteton of voltage to get it stable).

edit: and my sig is back.... something is a bit buggy there.
m
l
March 2, 2012 2:44:43 AM

Best answer selected by slicedtoad.
m
l
March 2, 2012 2:48:15 AM

slicedtoad said:
hey, what happened to my sig? meh, i'm using this kit with a aquacomputer 6950 block and 24v pump controller added on. the rad is an rx360 with three of these fans.

Good to know that tubing temps aren't a problem. This means the temp limits on my components are basically the same as before right? Going above my current cpu voltage might be considered "unsafe" but I don't mind replacing it if it blows. Maybe I'll even get a better one (mine takes a shiteton of voltage to get it stable).

edit: and my sig is back.... something is a bit buggy there.

Pretty much yeah. Judging by what you have in your rig, you delta-T value is probably around 6-7 C. Really not a problem at all.

Enjoy!
m
l
a c 330 K Overclocking
March 2, 2012 2:53:15 AM

^ Yeah, CPU+GPU on a RX360 is going to net you some good temps and a very good delta.
m
l
!