Service Pack 2

I recently installed service pack 2 and now everytime i
reboot My Documents folder appears when windows loads up.
Is there a way of stopping this?
1 answer Last reply
More about service pack

    Hi Gary,

    From previous newsgroup post by Doug Knox - MVP:

    <quote>
    Click Start, Run and enter REGEDIT Go to:

    HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

    Look in the right pane for a value called Userinit. Its value should read:

    C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

    Including the trailing comma. If it reads anything else, double click
    the Userinit value and change it. This assumes that XP is installed on
    C:\Windows. If not, adjust the command line accordingly.

    </quote>

    If that does not help, see what startup applications are running. Get the
    Autoruns utility (as they call "superset of MSConfig") from
    www.sysinternals.com and inspect the startup programs.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User

    "Gary" <GGoodlass@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    I recently installed service pack 2 and now everytime i
    reboot My Documents folder appears when windows loads up.
    Is there a way of stopping this?

Configuration My Documents Microsoft Windows XP