Nvidia Control Panel won't accept my custom 3d settings

therealquasar

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
I recently got a new PC with a Geforce 9600 GSO graphics card, the 700ish mb version

For whatever reason, I am unable to set custom 3d settings in the control panel - For example, Mass Effect doesn't allow for AA in its own settings. I used the Nvidia control panel to force masseffect.exe to run with 4xAA, but this doesn't actually happen when I run the game. The same happens with every other game I've tried.

I've tried several different driver versions, all to no avail.

Can anyone help me?

skolpo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Have you tried the latest drivers? When you save the settings in the Control Panel, does it reset to its original settings? I've tried using the driver's AA for Mass Effect too, and I couldn't tell the difference. I even crashed on occasion for using the control panel so I try not to use it unless it really helps.

therealquasar

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
I've tried every new driver that's come out for a while, but none have had any effect on this problem.

And the control panel does save the settings I enter into it, it just doesn't seem to apply them.

therealquasar

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
Thanks JackNaylor, that seems to have done the trick. What was up with the three or four other drivers I tried I'll never know.