Sign in with
Your question

Cpu overclocking issue

Last response: in Overclocking
March 2, 2012 1:00:41 PM

Hi,
I do have AMD Athlon X2 3800+ processor with Abit NF-M2 Nview motherboard.

Recently I overclocked the cpu by changing the following parameters,
1. CPU bus speed from 200MHz To 220Mhz
2. CPU voltage from 1.27V to 1.37V

Everything seems stable and I am not seeing any overheating issues and system is stable.

The only issue what I am facing is..It is not re-starting but I can shut down from windows and re-boot by using the power button.
When I click the restart button from windows, it it shutting down the system properly I don't see any issues.. but motherboard is not rebooting automatically. however if I press the power buttion or shutdown completely and I can press the power button and it reboots normally.

Could you suggest me what is the issue here?? I appreciate your help.

More about : cpu overclocking issue

a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
March 2, 2012 1:43:48 PM

Clean your registry up...It sounds like a Software issue or it could be that your OC isn't as stable as you think...Run memtest86 and prime95 to test the OCs integrity...OCed computers that seem stable may not be...When your OC is not stable it can wreak havoc on your software by writing errors to your hard drive
March 3, 2012 1:27:28 PM

lowjack989 said:
Clean your registry up...It sounds like a Software issue or it could be that your OC isn't as stable as you think...Run memtest86 and prime95 to test the OCs integrity...OCed computers that seem stable may not be...When your OC is not stable it can wreak havoc on your software by writing errors to your hard drive

Thank you very much for your reply.. and The testing went fine with memtest86 & Prime95. However I found that OC requires to modify NB / SB HT for ABIT mobos. I found it on some of the websites. and after that it it working normal.

Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong here.

Thanks.
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
March 3, 2012 3:43:01 PM

Huh? Just set the NB and HT to 1800 MHz each and put the votages for both at 1.15v...viola...BTW...The FSB is essentially the volume button for the entire system...When you OC the FSB it turns the clockspeeds up on all components i.e.--RAM,CPU,NB,HT...So you will have to adjust accordingly to your FSB setting....at 220 MHz BCLK that will give you a 10% increase on the RAM, a 20 % increase in CPU,NB,HT speeds
!