Sign in with
Your question

HELP with h60 set up

Last response: in Overclocking
March 2, 2012 2:47:52 PM

i have just got a new parts i7 2600k asus maximus extrem z .... all the new stuff needed and an cosair h60 for cpu

is this h60 cooling system good enough for my cpu cuz im up to oc with my asus bord .

second thing how ima going to set-up the h60 on my case antec 1200 cuz it has a good fans 3 speed mod i want to benefit of one of my two rear exhaust fans to brovide some good temps under oc

ps: i dont know nothing about the puch/pull system i hope you help me and provide me with some helpful info

More about : h60 set

a c 324 K Overclocking
March 2, 2012 2:50:30 PM

Yes, it's fine for your i7.

a b K Overclocking
March 2, 2012 3:20:43 PM

Thats cryptic rubix, lol...

@bmx400---> Mount the fan on the inside of the case at the back fan opening...Arrange the Fan(s) to be intakes as outside air is cooler than case temps...make sure you have a linear air flow through the case i.e. all fans exhausting in one direction
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
March 2, 2012 3:36:27 PM

Edit
a c 324 K Overclocking
March 2, 2012 3:47:39 PM

^Fixed.

Quote:
Thats cryptic rubix, lol...

That was my intention. This is a very simple question to answer by Googling or reading almost any watercooling sticky or 'Corsair H-series Club' thread.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 78 K Overclocking
March 3, 2012 3:04:06 AM

:lol:  you seem more and more like the kindergarten teacher most toddlers have - giving away all the main clues and doing all the homework :) 
a c 324 K Overclocking
March 3, 2012 7:51:24 PM

I just want people to understand that there is an incredible amount of information on the web for just about anything. There is an issue with how people perceive they are just entitled to have someone spoon feed them the answers instead of looking for them on their own. The reason that the stickies exist is to give folks a starting point to help answer a lot of the questions that newcomers always inevitably ask. From there, I don't mind helping, but only if someone is willing to do some work and research on their own, as well.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 78 K Overclocking
March 3, 2012 8:08:45 PM

hmmm :) 
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 145 K Overclocking
March 3, 2012 8:20:31 PM

It's OK.....not as good as the better air coolers and quite a bit noisy.....here's a comparison with the H50 and H70

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...

Quote:
Corsair H50 73.1
Coolit Vantage A.L.C. (extreme) 73.0
Thermalright Macho HR-02 71.0
Prolimatech Super Mega 67.2
Antec Kühler H2O 620 65.9
Corsair H70 (high)* 65.3
Thermaltake Frio OCK* 65.2
Thermalright Venomous X 63.0
Cooler Master Hyper 612 PWM 62.3
Thermalright Silver Arrow* 61.8
Cooler Master V6 GT* 61.2

As you can see, the cheaper Hyper 612 at 62.3C does 3C better than the H70 with the fans on High setting and about 10C better than the H50.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 78 K Overclocking
March 3, 2012 8:43:11 PM

a b K Overclocking
March 4, 2012 5:21:51 AM

JackNaylorPE said:
It's OK.....not as good as the better air coolers and quite a bit noisy.....here's a comparison with the H50 and H70

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...

Quote:
Corsair H50 73.1
Coolit Vantage A.L.C. (extreme) 73.0
Thermalright Macho HR-02 71.0
Prolimatech Super Mega 67.2
Antec Kühler H2O 620 65.9
Corsair H70 (high)* 65.3
Thermaltake Frio OCK* 65.2
Thermalright Venomous X 63.0
Cooler Master Hyper 612 PWM 62.3
Thermalright Silver Arrow* 61.8
Cooler Master V6 GT* 61.2

As you can see, the cheaper Hyper 612 at 62.3C does 3C better than the H70 with the fans on High setting and about 10C better than the H50.

AFAIK the H50 and H70 are old tech and use different pumps than the H60, H80 and H100. It really isn't comparing apples to apples to use reviews for the H50 and H70 and apply them to the newer better units.
March 4, 2012 10:10:39 AM

this waht iam wanted to say to this guy the h60 h80 h100 are new not like the old series any way tanks for help
a b K Overclocking
March 4, 2012 2:21:16 PM

I think jack was just letting you know that there are much better cooling options than the H-series ...The H60 is not as good as the H70 so that should give you an idea about its performance compared to the coolers
a b K Overclocking
March 4, 2012 6:27:11 PM

lowjack989 said:
I think jack was just letting you know that there are much better cooling options than the H-series ...The H60 is not as good as the H70 so that should give you an idea about its performance compared to the coolers

I don't approve of the comparisons, since the pumps are totally different. But, if you are going to do it, the H80 would be comparable to the H70. But like I said, its not apples to apples.

Edit:

And FYI the H series has the best cooler on the market right now. Nothing can touch the H100 with 4 fans in push/pull.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 78 K Overclocking
March 4, 2012 7:16:10 PM

lowjack - give it a rest, clearly this isn't the time and place to sort this silly squabble out.The H series is just a gimmick for lazy bumms who want to brag about watercooling.

XSPC+custom loops FTW mate!

* i own the H50 - i've modded it and yet need a reason to keep it with me!
@ vollman - afaik, youfaik too much :lol:  please check out similar price pointed WC'ing setups and the gains ...price/performance. IF you can't, I'll leave that honor to Lowjack to explain it to you slowly :) 
a b K Overclocking
March 4, 2012 7:25:45 PM

:pt1cable:  I had to let this assclown know that he is talking to people that know what they are talking about and not just a bunch of fanboys :non: 
a b K Overclocking
March 4, 2012 7:30:20 PM

You are pretty funny jack: you know that we are talking about factory sealed and not custom loops, right? :pfff:  :pfff:  :pfff: 

So yeah, the H100 is the best MANUFACTURED cooler on the market.
a b K Overclocking
March 4, 2012 7:35:35 PM

Hmmm...Lets see you would waste your money on an inferior cooling solution (H100) as opposed to doing it the right way for a mere $7.00...BTW..Its just as easy to custom water cool with that kit as it is to slap on that H100
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 78 K Overclocking
March 4, 2012 7:39:02 PM

Quote:
the H100 is the best MANUFACTURED cooler on the market.
try the Hyper 212+ if you want a "manufactured cooler" and something easy to maintain :lol:  which cost far less and performs better. so minus $100 for not getting the H100 :lol: x2
a b K Overclocking
March 4, 2012 7:43:56 PM

lowjack989 said:
Hmmm...Lets see you would waste your money on an inferior cooling solution (H100) as opposed to doing it the right way for a mere $7.00...BTW..Its just as easy to custom water cool with that kit as it is to slap on that H100

Hey man, if it floats your boat go for it! But for some of us 'doing it the right way' means not messing with hoses, clamps, blocks, res's, rads and tubing. ;) 

I appreciate your skill and am sure that you have built a top end custom cooled system. I just take issue with the information that you are presenting on factory sealed units.
a b K Overclocking
March 4, 2012 7:50:00 PM

Lutfij said:
Quote:
the H100 is the best MANUFACTURED cooler on the market.
try the Hyper 212+ if you want a "manufactured cooler" and something easy to maintain :lol:  which cost far less and performs better. so minus $100 for not getting the H100 :lol: x2

*sigh*

You may have missed the original post, so here is a break-down:

BEST... MANUFACTURED... COOLER = H 100

Now, if you are saying that the Hyper 212+ is the best on the market, we can talk about it. Show us your source(s) if you have any. I am sure we would all like to see them :sarcastic: 
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 78 K Overclocking
March 4, 2012 7:54:10 PM

you can dig it up on Tom's :)  best bang for buck cooler. Trust me when we(rubix, lowjack and the other who have gone WC'ing) say that these H series of closed loop coolers are anything but watercooling units...

Quote:
Now, if you are saying that the Hyper 212+ is the best on the market, we can talk about it.

** this is the watercololing section, not here to argue only answer Op's question, but i should've stayed away like the smart ones who answered this thread to begin with.

wonder why there are rads that cost as much as a H100, alone...? cos of what goes into making those rads(not the H100's aluminium rad) - channels/fins/threading and the deltas it is capable of.

But that XSPC bundle/kit is the way to go for any one wanting something like a H100. If you think the H series' assembly is tuf, get the air coolers, better yet keep it vanilla!

Lowjack is one such revert to watercooling, as am I. fresh out of the H coolers and head first into WC'ing.
a b K Overclocking
March 4, 2012 8:05:51 PM

Lutfij said:
you can dig it up on Tom's :)  best bang for buck cooler. Trust me when we(rubix, lowjack and the other who have gone WC'ing) say that these H series of closed loop coolers are anything but watercooling units...

wonder why there are rads that cost as much as a H100, alone...? cos of what goes into making those rads(not the H100's aluminium rad) - channels/fins/threading and the deltas it is capable of.

But that XSPC bundle/kit is the way to go for any one wanting something like a H100. If you think the H series' assembly is tuf, get the air coolers, better yet keep it vanilla!

Lowjack is one such revert to watercooling, as am I. fresh out of the H coolers and head first into WC'ing.

Ahh, but I didn't say 'best bang for buck' now did I? But I can see where you may have been confused. Best = best cooling performance

But these word games are really silly. Why don't you just say what you feel is the best performing cooler on the market? Or are you sticking to your 212+?

And just so you don't get sidetracked again, we are not talking about custom loops. ;) 
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 78 K Overclocking
March 4, 2012 8:09:01 PM

re-read edited post. leaving this childs play to you vollman - :)  have fun with your closed loop cooler :lol: 

* real answer was given in post# 6
a b K Overclocking
March 4, 2012 8:14:33 PM

I'm outta here also
a b K Overclocking
March 4, 2012 8:19:30 PM

I accept and appreciate your withdrawal.

@OP sorry for the need to clear up the misinformation there.

You can set up your H60 push/pull like this:

back of case || ---->fan--->Rad--->fan--->

Where the arrows show air flow pulling air into the case. If you use this set up, you may need to add an exhaust, since you will be pulling air into the case from where your old rear exhaust fan was located.

You don't want to set up these fans on a separate fan speed controller, just use a y cable and plug the two fans into the mobo. The pump will be plugged into the cpu fan header on the mobo.

Hope that this helps you out :) 
a c 324 K Overclocking
March 5, 2012 12:25:35 PM

When someone asks 'is this cooler good enough for my system' the answer should be a simple yes or no. They obviously don't know enough about anything else out there to be able to ask comparison questions. While there can and will be controversy that is tossed around for days and days on end...a simplistic answer often is what an OP is looking for in this kind of scenario. Chances are, they haven't even been back to see the rest of the arguments.

While I love healthy debates, we might have scared the OP off. :) 
a b K Overclocking
March 5, 2012 6:44:41 PM

:( 
!