Reassign boot disk letter

August 28, 2004 1:12:00 PM

When I installed WinXP my pc had a master and a slave
harddrive. It lettered the slave as c: and the master
(boot) hdd as f:. I want to reverse this without having
to reinstall WinXP. If I'd thought ahead I would've
installed WinXP first, then installed the slave. I know
I can use the Disk Manegement tool to reassign another
letter to the slave. How can I change the drive letter
of a boot drive to c.?
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 3:20:42 PM

You cannot change the system drive letter.

At this point, you need to disconnect the old drive and connect just the c:
drive, boot with the XP CD and install a new copy of Windows or while having
both drives connected, use the utilities that came with the new drive and
'ghost' the old drive to the new one.
www.coribright.com

!