Reassign boot disk letter

When I installed WinXP my pc had a master and a slave
harddrive. It lettered the slave as c: and the master
(boot) hdd as f:. I want to reverse this without having
to reinstall WinXP. If I'd thought ahead I would've
installed WinXP first, then installed the slave. I know
I can use the Disk Manegement tool to reassign another
letter to the slave. How can I change the drive letter
of a boot drive to c.?
1 answer Last reply
More about reassign boot disk letter

    You cannot change the system drive letter.

    At this point, you need to disconnect the old drive and connect just the c:
    drive, boot with the XP CD and install a new copy of Windows or while having
    both drives connected, use the utilities that came with the new drive and
    'ghost' the old drive to the new one.
    www.coribright.com

    "Rob" <ksurob2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > When I installed WinXP my pc had a master and a slave
    > harddrive. It lettered the slave as c: and the master
    > (boot) hdd as f:. I want to reverse this without having
    > to reinstall WinXP. If I'd thought ahead I would've
    > installed WinXP first, then installed the slave. I know
    > I can use the Disk Manegement tool to reassign another
    > letter to the slave. How can I change the drive letter
    > of a boot drive to c.?

Configuration Boot Hard Drives Microsoft Windows XP