Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Dusty system

Last response: in Components
January 16, 2010 11:57:16 AM

Hi, This might sound like a stupid question but whats the best way to clean the dust out of the system? Should I use canned air or will a vacuum be sufficient .I just don't want to create any problems. Thanks

More about : dusty system

January 16, 2010 12:14:25 PM

canned air or i think a blower can do it!
m
l
a c 248 ) Power supply
January 16, 2010 12:29:07 PM

I use cans of compressed air to remove dust from the interior of a pc case. It works for me.

I seem to recall that vacuum cleaners should not be used. Unfortunately I am growing old disgracefully and can't remember why.

Here's a handy tip - When using compressed air use a small piece of tape to prevent fan blades from rotating.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
January 16, 2010 12:37:30 PM

JohnnyLucky said:
I use cans of compressed air to remove dust from the interior of a pc case. It works for me.

I seem to recall that vacuum cleaners should not be used. Unfortunately I am growing old disgracefully and can't remember why.

Here's a handy tip - When using compressed air use a small piece of tape to prevent fan blades from rotating.

THe Why would be that vacuaming tends to build up alot of static charges which is never a good thing around the inside of a computer system !! One more TIP : If it has been awhile Take the entire case outside before spraying the compressed air !! (you'll be glad you did)
a c 248 ) Power supply
January 16, 2010 12:43:46 PM

That's it - static electricity with vacuum cleaners!

Good tip about doing it outside. There is a Staples office supply store a few blocks from where I live. I often see one their employees outside the store when using a can of compressed air.
m
l
January 16, 2010 2:38:50 PM

Thanks everyone I'll use compressed air & do it outside.It has been a while & I have 2 large dogs that shed all the time. Thanks again.
m
l
!