Sign in with
Your question

Dell Dimension 3100 Compatible Video Card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 8, 2009 11:21:51 AM

I WANT TO KNOW IF EVGA GEFORCE 6200 VIDEO CARD 256MB DDRS PCI GRAFIC CARD OR E-GEFORCE FX5200 128MB DDR PCI GRAFIC CARD COMPATIBLE . YOU SEE I PLAY GAMES LIKE CALL OF DUTY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP . CEFERINO
a b U Graphics card
November 8, 2009 4:53:40 PM

Do you currently have those two cards, or are you looking to purchase one? They would not be ideal choices for call of duty, but might work in a pinch.

Also, is your computer upgraded in any way, or does it have the original 512mb of ram? This should probably also be upgraded if you want the computer to be useful.

m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 11, 2009 6:42:30 PM

Good-- the ram upgrade is important. The 6200 is the better of the two cards you asked about. I would try it first and see how it works.

If you are interested in buying a better one --an ATI 4650 or 4670 would be appropriate for your system and only cost $35-50.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...
m
l
a c 191 U Graphics card
November 11, 2009 6:48:02 PM

Which system is it?
Deadlockedworld: He mentions PCI cards, you linked to PCI-E cards, not being picky here, just trying to avoid any communication errors;)
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 11, 2009 8:41:25 PM

coozie7 said:
Which system is it?
Deadlockedworld: He mentions PCI cards, you linked to PCI-E cards, not being picky here, just trying to avoid any communication errors;)

Nice catch-- i didnt even notice that he said PCI.

I just double checked and the the dell 3100 should have 2 PCI and one PCIe x1 slot. So a low end PCIe card should still be an option. I have to say im not sure at what level card the PCIe x1 speed would bottleneck a newer card though? This might be even more reason to go for a budget card.

So, Ceferino did you actually mean PCI, or did you mean PCIe?
m
l
November 21, 2009 4:34:00 PM

Ceferino Villanueva said:
I WANT TO KNOW IF EVGA GEFORCE 6200 VIDEO CARD 256MB DDRS PCI GRAFIC CARD OR E-GEFORCE FX5200 128MB DDR PCI GRAFIC CARD COMPATIBLE . YOU SEE I PLAY GAMES LIKE CALL OF DUTY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP . CEFERINO

My problem is solved, I purchased the geforce video card. Thank you.
m
l
!