Sign in with
Your question

Dell Dimension 3100 Compatible Video Card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 8, 2009 11:21:51 AM

I WANT TO KNOW IF EVGA GEFORCE 6200 VIDEO CARD 256MB DDRS PCI GRAFIC CARD OR E-GEFORCE FX5200 128MB DDR PCI GRAFIC CARD COMPATIBLE . YOU SEE I PLAY GAMES LIKE CALL OF DUTY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP . CEFERINO
a b U Graphics card
November 8, 2009 4:53:40 PM

Do you currently have those two cards, or are you looking to purchase one? They would not be ideal choices for call of duty, but might work in a pinch.

Also, is your computer upgraded in any way, or does it have the original 512mb of ram? This should probably also be upgraded if you want the computer to be useful.

Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 11, 2009 6:42:30 PM

Good-- the ram upgrade is important. The 6200 is the better of the two cards you asked about. I would try it first and see how it works.

If you are interested in buying a better one --an ATI 4650 or 4670 would be appropriate for your system and only cost $35-50.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...
a c 165 U Graphics card
November 11, 2009 6:48:02 PM

Which system is it?
Deadlockedworld: He mentions PCI cards, you linked to PCI-E cards, not being picky here, just trying to avoid any communication errors;)
a b U Graphics card
November 11, 2009 8:41:25 PM

coozie7 said:
Which system is it?
Deadlockedworld: He mentions PCI cards, you linked to PCI-E cards, not being picky here, just trying to avoid any communication errors;)

Nice catch-- i didnt even notice that he said PCI.

I just double checked and the the dell 3100 should have 2 PCI and one PCIe x1 slot. So a low end PCIe card should still be an option. I have to say im not sure at what level card the PCIe x1 speed would bottleneck a newer card though? This might be even more reason to go for a budget card.

So, Ceferino did you actually mean PCI, or did you mean PCIe?
November 21, 2009 4:34:00 PM

Ceferino Villanueva said:
I WANT TO KNOW IF EVGA GEFORCE 6200 VIDEO CARD 256MB DDRS PCI GRAFIC CARD OR E-GEFORCE FX5200 128MB DDR PCI GRAFIC CARD COMPATIBLE . YOU SEE I PLAY GAMES LIKE CALL OF DUTY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP . CEFERINO

My problem is solved, I purchased the geforce video card. Thank you.
!