Sign in with
Your question

How to enable internet access in AMD Fusion?

Last response: in CPUs
January 16, 2010 1:10:21 PM

^ Title.
a b à CPUs
January 16, 2010 3:04:26 PM

???

Im seam to be confused with your question as:

1. your asking something thats not release yet.

2. AMD fusion is going to be cpu and gpu fused into the same chip. Not an OS were you would be using the web....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Fusion
a b à CPUs
January 16, 2010 3:16:16 PM

OP, I'm not sure your question makes any sense whatsoever.
Related resources
a c 131 à CPUs
January 16, 2010 3:36:03 PM

AMD fusion is a future proposed processor by AMD whereby the CPU and GPU will be on the same chip.
You ask how to enable internet access. Your question makes no sense at all.
Please provide more details in your question and we will be happy to respond.
a c 131 à CPUs
January 17, 2010 3:17:59 PM

Umm... the video is not talking about a utility. It is clearly talking about what we just told you fusion was.

However a good search reveals this:
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_fusion.aspx?p=1

Your question still makes no sense though, since this utility does not use the internet, nor have anything to do with it.
January 17, 2010 3:24:13 PM

Think i have to explain further... It's some kind of overclocking software for AMD CPU's that takes the computer into some 'Gaming Mode'

Here's the picture on how it's working:

It disables a lot of applications to make the game you're running to improve performance...including internet connection. So that's what the thread is about..what apps do i have to untick to make my internet access work? I hope this makes it a bit clearer for you. >.<

Oh and i posted wrong link...this should be the one:

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_fusion.aspx?p=1
January 18, 2010 1:00:59 PM

Oi...i feel ignored.
a c 131 à CPUs
January 18, 2010 1:36:05 PM

Sorry, I've never used the program so I wouldn't know. I assume you've already tried unticking everything to do with "network" "ethernet" "internet" and any other keywords like that?
January 18, 2010 2:32:05 PM

Yup. :| It still disables my internet connection instantly after it runs..
January 18, 2010 5:28:35 PM

Nvm. I found it out..i just needed to enable my NIC.
a c 127 à CPUs
January 18, 2010 7:24:39 PM

Huh.... So it disables your internet connection for the games you run all of which tend to need the internet for multiplayer or if its EAA not through Steam, needs to "activate" the game every time its started.

Ingenius.
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2010 6:09:07 AM

I think you'll find that the performance improvement is not worth the hassle. If you can actually notice a performance improvement I'll be quite surprised. Of course, if you have some background task chewing up resources it might be good, but I'd address that problem by finding out why a process is doing that before using some utility to "optimise" performance.
January 19, 2010 7:30:46 PM

randomizer said:
I think you'll find that the performance improvement is not worth the hassle. If you can actually notice a performance improvement I'll be quite surprised. Of course, if you have some background task chewing up resources it might be good, but I'd address that problem by finding out why a process is doing that before using some utility to "optimise" performance.

Actually. It is worth the performance improvement, since the game have a memory leak that's caused by AMD Multi-processors, with the utlity enabled i don't need to wait 15-30 min for the loading to finish..
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2010 10:06:35 PM

Which game is this?
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2010 10:41:50 PM

Fusion for gaming shuts down unrequired windows background programs and overclocks stuff to give gaming benefits. It's a good idea, just not 100% stable. If AMD had more cash to give to ATI then this sort of thing would probably be pretty good. As it is, ATI are already stretched too thin for it to take away resources.
!