MSI k9n6pgm2-v

grenadier

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
Hi i,m new here just want to now, if my motherboard which is a MSI K9N6PGM2-V can run a AMD ATHLONII X4 620 AM3 on it.?

Many Thanks

grenadier

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Always that u have a question like that, u can refer to the "CPU support list" of your mobo that can be find on the manufacturer's web page.

U can see here the CPU support list of your mobo: K9N6PGM2-V CPU support list.

Unfortunately, the processor that u want isn't supported by your mobo.

P.D. The 1st part of my post is an advice, nothing more.

grenadier

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Thanks for getting back to me , first were do i find were it says it,s am3 ready , and then ref it only goes up to 65w but on the motherboard box it say,s 95w.?

grenadier

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Thanks for getting back to me , does this mean you can only use the CPU which are on that list or can you use other as well.?

Your mobo can support 95W processors, BUT that doesn't mean that support ALL 95W processors, that's the reason of the CPU support list.

Thanks for getting back to me , does this mean you can only use the CPU which are on that list or can you use other as well.?

That means that U only can use the processors that are in the list, if U install another processor that isn't in the list, the processor could boot or not, but even if the rig boot up u will have a lot of stability problems.