Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate hangs at verifying DMI pool data

Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate hangs at verifying DMI pool data

I have just installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit OS onto a 250Gb HD and at the last bit of the installation it reboots (this being about the third time) and it hangs at verifying DMI pool data.

Specs:
Q9550
1Tb Samsung (No OS installed)
250Gb (Windows 7 64Bit)
XFX GTX260 GX-260N-ADBF
TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX DDR2 4GB
BFG 800W power supply

Troubleshooting so far:
I have reformated the HD and then installed the OS again and get the same issue

If I plug my other HD with Vista 32Bit back in it boots up fine.

Tried manually selecting the new HD from bootup and it just hangs at verifying DMI pool data.

Tried only having the new HD plugged in and same problem.

I reset my BIOS still fecked

Anyone got any ideas?
15 answers Last reply
More about windows 64bit ultimate hangs verifying pool data
  1. I did google this and I found loads of things to try. Most of the forums dont have a resolution. Ive tried all the solutions that have worked and have had no luck. Does anyone have and ideas what could be causing this?
  2. A bad HDD, RMA it.
  3. Try to use SeaTools for Windows

It's is a comprehensive, easy-to-use diagnostic tool that helps you quickly determine the condition of the disc drive in your hard drive. It includes several tests that will examine the physical media on your drive.

http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?locale=en-GB&name=SeaTools&vgnextoid=4b7300bc350ce010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD

................................................................................................
    Windows also has build in Error Checking tool,

To start this

Click to open Computer.

Right-click the drive that you want to check, and then click Properties.

Click the Tools tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check now.

To automatically repair problems with files and folders that the scan detects, select Automatically fix file system errors. Otherwise, the disk check will report problems but not fix them.

To perform a thorough check, select Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. This scan attempts to find and repair physical errors on the drive itself, and it can take much longer to complete.

To check for both file errors and physical errors, select both Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.

.....................................................................................................

If hard drive passes diagnostics tests, there other things you could do.
    Try to install Windows from USB. If the windows you have is on DVD media, then use WintoFlash to make bootable USB drive. If on other hand the Windows is ISO file, then use Windows 7 USB/DVD tool. You will need 4+GB USB drive for this.

Don’t forget to set 1st Boot in the bios to USB. Remember to put it back to HDD after windows installations restart for the 1st time, else installations will start over again.

http://wintoflash.com/overview/en/

http://store.microsoft.com/Help/ISO-Tool
    .............................................................................................................

If Problem persists

Try to install windows with bare minimum hardware.
    If hard drive passes diagnostics tests, there other things you could do.
    Try to install Windows from USB. If the windows you have is on DVD media, then use WintoFlash to make bootable USB drive. If on other hand the Windows is ISO file, then use Windows 7 USB/DVD tool. You will need 4+GB USB drive for this.

Don’t forget to set 1st Boot in the bios to USB. Remember to put it back to HDD after windows installations restart for the 1st time, else installations will start over again.
    ...................................................................................................................
    If Problem persists
    Try to install windows with bare minimum hardware.

If installed successfully then add other hardware’s, one by one .
  4. Thanks ibnsina for the great suggestions. I will give them a go tonight. I believe the issue is definitely with my hard drive as I booted up my Vista 32bit OS then installed windows 7 on my new hard drive and it worked fine. So it something to do with the boot files on the hard drive even though I have formatted it twice. Anyhow I will provide an update on how you suggestions work out as this maybe really helpful to someone else in the future.
  5. After running you suggested tests I have found that my HD is corrupt. I have bought a new HD and have managed to install the OS with no problems. Thanks for your help
  6. I have the same problem with Windows 7 hanging at the DMI pool data, but I installed it over Windows XP, I then had to reinstall Xp on the same hard drive and it booted with no problem, so it can't be a corrupt or faulty hard drive. I think that it has something to do with the way Windows 7 formats the hard drive, I just don't have the desperation for Win 7 to sort it out on my own, so I'm waiting for a fix and search for some tips.
  7. Maybe the install of 7 went wrong.

Create a new partition, format it, and then try again...
  8. YASOS
    yet another stupid OS

i thought 7 was suppose to be "fixed" ? i guess not.

try Fedora, it will work just fine
  9. I got it working!!! I unplugged all but one of my hard drives, I ran Windows 7 setup, I then selected hard drive options, I deleted all partition and created new partitions, I formatted the new partitions set up by Windows and then ran the set up, on completion it did not boot. I did all the steps again, and it did not boot. I run the exact same steps for the third time :heink: to my surprise Windows 7 booted :o . So in my opinion the problem is not a corrupt hard drive nor an outdated BIOS version, the problem is Windows 7 :fou: .
  10. When I installed the windows 7 RC, I had my other drives in. Oops, apparently it decided that my external hard drive was the best place ever to put the boot loader in the MBR... WTF? The options it made didn't even work! I had to redo it without that plugged in and then it worked fine.
  11. thomastheonly said:
    I got it working!!! I unplugged all but one of my hard drives, I ran Windows 7 setup, I then selected hard drive options, I deleted all partition and created new partitions, I formatted the new partitions set up by Windows and then ran the set up, on completion it did not boot. I did all the steps again, and it did not boot. I run the exact same steps for the third time :heink: to my surprise Windows 7 booted :o . So in my opinion the problem is not a corrupt hard drive nor an outdated BIOS version, the problem is Windows 7 :fou: .

well, since you're at it, try this:
    install YASOS (aka any windoze OS, in your case windoze 7)
    it has to fail boot, then do the next step
    install the Grub bootloader from a Fedora distro and see if it will bootstrap windoze 7 successfully.

i suspect the windoze installer is muffing up the MBR.

or, after a boot fails (after a install of windoze 7), use another version of windoze cd to re-install the MBR.

this should confirm if your windoze 7 installer is bad.
  12. Heh, when I get the new hard drive for my main comp I'm planning on just moving my winXP, and Win7RC partitions over (cause I'm planning on growing them from the sub 20 gigs they currently have each) and simply using grub to boot instead of bothering to find something else. Unless it complains.

I might even move the ubuntu partition off the external...

Even if that really is the problem though, it sounds like he magically got it to work anyway somehow.
  13. Hey chuck, I must agree with you that Windows 7 has messed up the MBR. While I'm speaking to a pro, I hope you can help me with my present boot configuration. I have to change my hard drive boot sequence in the BIOS to choose between Win7 or XP. Is there a completely safe why to install GRUB to choose between 7 or XP.
  14. Does your bios have a button to press in order to pick a different hard drive? Then you don't have to go through the whole menu.

Since your current boot loaders are working now I'd just modify one of them. If I were to install grub anyway, I'd pick the XP hard drive. Download EasyBCD while in windows 7 and it should give a way to 'search' for bootable stuff and add an entry for the XP hard drive for you.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Windows 7 HD DMI Systems