Win 7 64bit wrong volume in drive problem

rodman_25

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
I have new PC,am coming from XP to Win 7 home prem 64bit. no uPgrade, CLEAN FREASH INSTALL with new500gb sata 7200rpm HDD, msi x58 platinum MB, i7 intel 920proc, 9gb of ddr3 1600 memory. Loading full version win 7 home prem 64bit OEM. It wLL load to," EXSPANDING FILES,"it will run for 15 minuits wiyh 0% showing then a window pops up saying," WRONG VOLUME IN DRIVE ,insert volume,"GRMCULXFRER_EN,into drive D. it gives options, retry,cancell,continue and that is as far as i can get install fails every time. Can some one help with this,please,what is the fix? i dont want to go back to XP and have memory and OPsysteme sitting on shelf.

Solution
Try this

only use 1 HDD atm plug it into your USB 0 on mobo

go to bios set it to optimal defaults then set santa raid/ahci mode to disable
set santa port-3 native mode to enable

set cd/dvd to first boot

exit save and try to install win 7

rodman_25

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
no i didnot format but i did unplug my otHer drive before install,i thought win 7 would auto format, i was going to try that next when ,"INSTALL WINDOWS,' SCREEN APEARS CLICK ADVANCE AND FORMAT HDD. ALSO I AM GOING TO PULL ALL MEMORY STICKS OUT PUT 3X1GB IN THAT I KNOW ARE GOOD AND TRY AGAIN.If you have any tips let me know.

rodman_25

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Well i give up i am going back to win XP pro,i think win 7 is junk and a repeat of vista when it was released and was crap untill sp1. I SPENT HOURS trying any and everything to get win 7 to load with 4 or 5 fifferent messages, missing cd-dvd driver as well as, WRONG VOLUM IN DRIVE, error code:0x80070022 and others.I downloaded drivers an used 3 differant dvd drives, pulled out memory,changed memory there has been a lot of good suggestions and i trid all but it seems to me win 7 is to new and no one really has any sollutions yet at lest nothing concret. So on the shelf with memory and win 7 x64bit home prem. Thanks for every ones help

I am not the best @ this kind of problems, but i am sure if you post this problem in a differnt place NOT help me build/buy There Will be someone that can help you get this fixed. I am sure its just a few settings or something that you missing. I just installed Win7 a few days ago and it went fast maybe 15 mins

Dont give up :)

I agree with you that all MS OS have the problems @ first, Things will work out

GL

rodman_25

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009

I have been on the phone with micrsoft tec support and have serched numerus web sites, forum after forum i talking hours and days. there is nothing left to try acceapt getting a new different mother board but the one i have is bran new msi x58 platimum sli. I think the MB drivers are the problem but it works great with XP but i dont have the memory advantage as a 64bit op.Thanks man

Try this

only use 1 HDD atm plug it into your USB 0 on mobo

go to bios set it to optimal defaults then set santa raid/ahci mode to disable
set santa port-3 native mode to enable

set cd/dvd to first boot

exit save and try to install win 7

Solution

rodman_25

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
I went back to WIN XP PRO, relaoded on my i7 920 proc,3gb ddr3 patriot viper memory, MSI x58 platinum sli MB with 2xATI 4870 in crossfire conf overcloced to 3.33 and all is well. I am going to wait till WIN 7 has been out awhile and all issues have been addressed maybe a SP! will be out and then buy a retail WIN 7 PRO,then try to upgrade. Maybe first half of 2010. Thanks