ATI x1450 notebook problem

G

Hi,

Have problem with my ATI x1450 in notebook.
After i was connecting power to notebook, house A.C. circuit breaker switched off..
From that moment, i suppose that this cause my problem, video applications (tv, media player)
and games, has problem with picture like ->
Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Everything else with display is ok.

I have suspicion that graphic card is "broken", but may be, someone had same picture problem, i hope he fixed it.

Second question, is there possibility to replace graphic card in notebook asus f2je ?

Thank you all for answers

Miro

G

I couldn't find any pictures of the inside of the notebook to see if the graphics card is soldered to the motherboard, if it isn't you can remove the chip and replace it. I wonder if that only occurring in overlay mode. in mpc-hc settings try changing the output to vmr9

If this is happpening in games too, then it looks like it's the graphics memory that is fried. Connect it to an external monitor to be sure it's not a problem withthe LCD or LVDS connector, but it does look like a VRAM issue.

It is unlikely that you can repair that, it is a surface mount GPU not an MM module.

G

On secondary monitor the pisture problem is the same. And there is another problem, that dvi output is not working anymore.. only vga output is working :/

G

Finnaly i do not fixed card but find "solution" on vista.
I installed Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit
and there i defined for tv app (now ProgDvb) and mpc that it should ForceEmulateDirectDraw...
In that apps i had to switch to overlay mixer renderer.
So this is it :)