Getting a second hard drive.

demonsoldier

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
I am wanting to record with fraps of games i play on pc for editing.

I was reading getting a second hard drive is a good idea so i'm looking at 2 just wondering what people think about them.

The Samsung Spinpoint F3 is my main HD with 1 TB

I'm looking either getting a second one with the same space cus 1 TB is good
or upgrading to SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 to have 2TB for it wonder if anyone had any experience with these drives.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Well, unless you have TONS of files and saved video, your 1TB drive should be sufficient. Adding a second drive is about as easy as it gets and I HIGHLY recommend the Samsung drives. I use Samsung exclusively in my rigs and I have had ZERO problems with them.

Up to you whether you add another drive or not (depends on how much space you have and expect to need). When you do make that choice, the Samsung drives are great.

demonsoldier

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Well the first drive may be sufficent for recording. But from reading from guys who use it this is a bad idea because fraps seems to straing the hard drive because then it seems to play the game and record footage to itself slowing it down in gameplay.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

This qualifies for a pretty decent system and should have no trouble writing fraps content to a single drive. Have you tried it yet? Or are you still in the planning phases?

Regardless, adding a second drive is not expensive and allows you greater flexibility. Really no wrong answers here...

Good luck!