Status
Not open for further replies.

fatedcloud

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
On Chip NVIDIA GeForce 7 Series Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
Share memory maximum update to 256MB(over spec to support DDR2 800 )

Thats what it says in the specifications of the Nvidia 7050 610i graphics card, though i use the 620i version, i can't find specs on those.

is this graphics card capable of rendering ddr2 graphics? I've tried 2 graphics cards and i get no signal on my vga.
It says over spec to support ddr2, but what does this mean?

geforce-7050.jpg

fatedcloud

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
I read a little more into it and it says it has DDR2 667

I need to find out what graphics card would be good for this motherboard, a list would be great, what kind of graphics card at that

I've tried 2:
PNY VCGGT2201XEB-S GeForce GT 220 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 graphics card, and the ATI Radeon™ HD 4650, both showing no display.

I've tried everything i could think of, disabling onboard graphics, clear CMOS, going into bios and trying to disable it, it didn't have the option. I tried with 2 different PSU's.

If you've tried GT 220 and HD 4650 then the motherboard RAM isn't an issue. They don't use any like the built in Nvidia 7050 video chip does.

Did you disable the Nvidia 7050 video in BIOS? Or was there a motherboard switch?

fatedcloud

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
Motherboard Name ECS MCP73VT-PM

Front Side Bus Properties
Bus Type Intel AGTL+
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 200 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 800 MHz
Bandwidth 6400 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties
Bus Type DDR2 SDRAM
Bus Width 64-bit
DRAM:FSB Ratio 5:3
Real Clock 333 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 667 MHz

Motherboard Manufacturer
Company Name Elitegroup Computer Systems

Thats all the info i got on my motherboard.
I tried going into bios to disable my onboard video, but it didnt have the option to in the integrated peripherals. Or in any option i could find, i reset cmos to see if that would work. I couldn't find a motherboard switch, i've been on this for few days, any more info needed i'd be gladly to share.

I'm running vista home premium 32 bit
CPU Type DualCore Intel Pentium E2210, 2200 MHz (11 x 200)
North Bridge: nVIDIA nForce 7100-620i (MCP73VE)

fatedcloud

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
BIOS Properties
BIOS Type AMI
BIOS Version R01-A3
System BIOS Date 04/29/09
Video BIOS Date 03/25/09

BIOS Manufacturer
Company Name American Megatrends Inc.

fatedcloud

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
I've ventured in there before, and just made a double-check incase i missed something, but the only options i get there are the Init First Display, which i set to PCI Express, and the VGA share auto memory, i have it to auto. If i disable it i just choose the memory share size of the chipset, but i there isn't an option to disable the graphics. I tried disable the VGA share auto memory to test it out, i didn't make a difference

G

I just bought a EVGA GEForce 9500Gt 1g works great on the M1641 motherboard!! Didnt disable video on motherboard.

manny_32

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
I just bought a EVGA GEForce 9500Gt 1g works great on the M1641 motherboard!! Didnt disable video on motherboard.
It looks like you don't have an option to disable your onboard graphics from bios. Ok try reinstalling your add in card but don't connect VGA plug from your Pc screen into the add in graphic card as of yet Plug it into the regular onboard graphic Now when you enter the operating system through onboard display go into Device Manager and disable the onboard graphics from the os itself Now restart with the vga plug plugged into the vga add in card port and wah la hope this helps. if it does not not your motherboard does not support anything over 512 mb of graphic card hope this not your problem but sometimes intel motherboards have this problem.

manny_32

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
I am not sure if the top suggestion helped you for I am not sure what motherboard you have?.
the top will only help you if you have an intel motherboard that has not option to disable graphic onboard card.Just try setting all bios presets to default sometimes this helps, Well if anything just post what happenes even if it is to tell me dah!! and explain the situation to me so I can know what motherboard it is? and maybe I can help run into problems like this all the time and always get out of the jam Have too other wise I don't get paid LOl. Good luck

manny_32

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009

It looks like you don't have an option to disable your onboard graphics from bios. Ok try reinstalling your add in card but don't connect VGA plug from your Pc screen into the add in graphic card as of yet Plug it into the regular onboard graphic Now when you enter the operating system through onboard display go into Device Manager and disable the onboard graphics from the os itself Now restart with the vga plug plugged into the vga add in card port and wah la hope this helps. if it does not not your motherboard does not support anything over 512 mb of graphic card hope this not your problem but sometimes intel motherboards have this problem

manny_32

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009

Also try going into bios and find chipset settings see settings there make sure they are set to auto or in some cases PEG/PCI or PCI/IGD Make sure it is not set to onboard display only.

tractortom

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
hi was just trying to install a ati radeon 2400 pro onto same motherboard. computer does't resart after i install the card. if you find a solution let me know. ta Tom

G

Hello. I've got a MCP73VT-PM mobo with nvidia geforce 7050/610i nvidia nforce (chipset/integrated graphics). I tried to install my nvidia geforce 9800 GT but failed coz when I put it in my computer the monitor display the NO SIGNAL message. The computer works fine if I take out the graphic card but once I put it back in it's the same.
Any thoughts to what I can do to install the graphic card?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.