scottyfez

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Hello Folks,

I am modifying a panel mounted touch screen system. The system was given to me to rearrange the components to make better use of the space. Bear in mind the whole system was working fine. I dissassembled the system, moved things about, and reassembled the system. All components are in place and i have booted the system up on a vga monitor. All is well, but i cannot now get a image on the LCD screen, there was before. When turned on the screen is white then goes black. I tried taking the inverter out the circuit, just dull so that works. I tried taking the LVDS connector out the circuit the screen does not go white, so that works as far as i know. When it worked it used to turn on white for a few seconds then go to the initial screen. I Went into the BIOS and could not see anything wrong, also the settings in the BIOS were there before. The only thing i have noticed however is the LCD Type selection, being selection 1. The selection is the output screen size, 1 being 640x480, 2 being 800x600 etc.

If the type was not supported by the LCD screen would this cause the behaviour i am seeing?
If when i try to change the LCD Type selection and it still does not work does anyone have any other possible suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Scott