BIOS ACPI compliant problem

labhesh

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
I am getting following error with blue screen. Can anyone help me to solve this?

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to present damage to your computer
If this is the first time you have seen this stop error, if continues follow below mentioned steps

The bios is this system in not fully compliant with ACPI. Please contact your system vendor or visit www.hardaware-udpate.com for updated bios
If you are unable to obtain an updated bios or latest bios supplied by your vendor is not ACPI compliant. You can turn off ACPI mode during text mode setup to this, the system will not notify you that the F7 key was pressed. It will silently disable the ACPI and allow to continue your installations

I am using 6 years old assembled desk top with Pentium 4 and 512k memory (upgraded to 1gb RAM a year back).

System was working fine sometimes back. it used to have virus problem regularly and i used to reinstall XP (royal and last xp having cd's)

Now, my CD's got currepted got installed XP from another CD but giving above mentioned error

Kindly let me know, does the BIOS upgrade is the hardware problem or I can manage to do my own
if yes kindly do let me know the sources to execute

Appreciate early help

REgards
Labhesh

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Apparently your new version of XP has corrupt ACPI files. I would suggest to get a healthy XP CD and retry. If you get a lot of virii constantly, it is possible your BIOS got infected but not likely. Hardware fails over the years, it's possible the ACPI HW is down. As a workaround you could disable ACPI in Bios if it gives you the option.