Tags:
  • New Build
  • Asus
  • NAS / RAID
  • Systems
  • MSI-Microstar
Last response: in Systems
October 30, 2009 9:46:07 PM

I am a novice. I just got a new P6T, replacing a previous MSI board. I have 2 HD's that were connected using NVRAID on the old MSI board. Now on the P6T they are listed as non-raid. If I go to create a new raid volume, it says it will erase the entire disk.

Do I have to do that? Is there anyway to get the P6T to see them joined like the old board without erasing the disks? (The old board came in a complete system I bought 2 years ago, so I have never done this before.)

Thanks.

More about : asus p6t raid drives

a c 112 Ĉ ASUS
October 31, 2009 1:17:26 AM

SInce the old system was using NVRAID, it wasn't based on an Intel chipset. If the old system was RAID0, backup the whole RAID and rebuild it on the new system.
October 31, 2009 1:37:51 AM

Yes, NVRAID was based on AMD chipset. And I think that the old system was RAID0, because the post message was Health stripe and listed the drive as "0 Raid". My new problem, is when I put the old mobo back in, I got a bootmgr corrupt message and now I can't get it to even start. Can I back up the disks by removing them and accessing with another machine?
Related resources
a c 112 Ĉ ASUS
October 31, 2009 2:29:17 AM

When you moved the disks to the new system, you probably broke the NVRAID. Did you try booting from a CD (BartPE works quite well if properly configured) to access the NVRAID? You normally perform a backup before making modifications, not after.
October 31, 2009 2:37:15 AM

Thank you very much. I know you should back up before. I guess I could offer up some reasoning for not having done that, but it would be lame. I will try booting up from a CD. Will BartPE work with Visita Home Premium?