Laptop shuts off as soon as ac adapter is plugged in.

Hello,
My laptop (Toshiba Satellite Pro A300) shuts off as soon as the ac adapter is plugged in. Sometimes, though, I can get 15 minutes. HOWEVER, it doesn't do it in safe mode. I have updated the BIOS, re-installed the OS, cleaned any dust out, tested with another ac adapter.
3 answers Last reply
More about laptop shuts adapter plugged
  1. luke0 said:
    Hello,
    My laptop (Toshiba Satellite Pro A300) shuts off as soon as the ac adapter is plugged in. Sometimes, though, I can get 15 minutes. HOWEVER, it doesn't do it in safe mode. I have updated the BIOS, re-installed the OS, cleaned any dust out, tested with another ac adapter.

Tried it without the battery - what shape is the battery in ?
  2. ksiemb said:
    Tried it without the battery - what shape is the battery in ?

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I have tried it with no battery in and with the adapter already plugged in before I turn it on. It's leading me to think it's some sort of software issue.
  3. luke0 said:
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah I have tried it with no battery in and with the adapter already plugged in before I turn it on. It's leading me to think it's some sort of software issue.

You can get into safe mode, so take a look in Event Viewer for errors. Unfortunately, most msgs are very cryptic, but might see something that will help you out. If no joy, I would make your CD drive the 1st boot device (f2 setup) and repair install the OS from Windows CD.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Safe Mode Toshiba Windows XP