Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Laptop shuts off as soon as ac adapter is plugged in.

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
April 25, 2012 7:10:13 AM

Hello,
My laptop (Toshiba Satellite Pro A300) shuts off as soon as the ac adapter is plugged in. Sometimes, though, I can get 15 minutes. HOWEVER, it doesn't do it in safe mode. I have updated the BIOS, re-installed the OS, cleaned any dust out, tested with another ac adapter.
a b D Laptop
April 25, 2012 7:31:55 AM

luke0 said:
Hello,
My laptop (Toshiba Satellite Pro A300) shuts off as soon as the ac adapter is plugged in. Sometimes, though, I can get 15 minutes. HOWEVER, it doesn't do it in safe mode. I have updated the BIOS, re-installed the OS, cleaned any dust out, tested with another ac adapter.

Tried it without the battery - what shape is the battery in ?
m
0
l
May 2, 2012 12:15:13 AM

ksiemb said:
Tried it without the battery - what shape is the battery in ?


Thanks for the reply. Yeah I have tried it with no battery in and with the adapter already plugged in before I turn it on. It's leading me to think it's some sort of software issue.
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
May 2, 2012 7:14:39 AM

luke0 said:
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I have tried it with no battery in and with the adapter already plugged in before I turn it on. It's leading me to think it's some sort of software issue.

You can get into safe mode, so take a look in Event Viewer for errors. Unfortunately, most msgs are very cryptic, but might see something that will help you out. If no joy, I would make your CD drive the 1st boot device (f2 setup) and repair install the OS from Windows CD.
m
0
l
Related resources
!