Sign in with
Your question

Patriot memory

Last response: in Memory
April 28, 2010 6:00:28 PM

Hi, I'm building a Hi-end computer, for Hi-def video editing, just got a question on ram.
I'm reading reviews, and i hear alot of corsair memory and I know i wouldn't be going wrong with them but looking for 3x4gb, so I'm currently looking at patriot memory. the only problem, is i'm having a hard time finding people who gave out reviews or anything from patriot memory. I'm looking at patriot gamer series ram. 3x4gb 1600mhz. Anyone used b4, or heard of Patriot memory? they seem solid though, it's just the fact i never see anyone use them, keeps me wondering of em.

this is what i'm building

EVGA 760 classified MB
thermaletake xaser case
corsair 850 power suply
5870 1gb XFX vid card
960 i7 3.2ghx cpu

as for overclocking, I might do it a little as I am new to OC.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!

More about : patriot memory

a c 128 } Memory
April 29, 2010 10:40:10 AM

I've used the ram and just installed a patriot ps-100ssd. Newegg has a special: 24 gigs of patriot ram (6x4gb kit) for $1290 after $10 rebate. With it, you got a free gigabyte x58 board and wd 1 tb hardrive. You could sell half the ram and keep the rest. But it's alot of cash upfront, and I don't know if they still have it.
m
l
a b } Memory
April 29, 2010 1:09:09 PM

I have used Patriot Extreme DDR in a couple of my prior AMD socket 939 and AM2 builds, had no problems with it.
m
l
a c 163 } Memory
April 29, 2010 1:18:01 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Some reviews of the Patriot RAM are good, but i'm still preferring the big manufacturers like Corsair, Crucial, G.Skill and OCZ

For example this G.Skill PI series 1600 CL7 is a very good RAM for your rig.
m
l
!