Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New system Temperatures

Last response: in Systems
Share
October 31, 2009 4:48:25 AM

I just finished my first build.
My only real question is if these temperatures are ok or do I need to get more fans or something?

More about : system temperatures

October 31, 2009 4:58:23 AM

What is your ambient temp? Those are stock temps?
Good temps if your ambient is 20-22C
m
0
l
October 31, 2009 5:14:31 AM

Thats just what the computer runs at surfing and stuff.
If by ambient you mean the temperature in my house I would say 75 degrees or so.

What temperatures should I be worried about it reaching?
(Oh and I have the included cpu fan and my case came with three cheap fans. My case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... )

I don't have a video card yet but I was looking at one of the lighter amd 5000 series ones(I only have a 400 watt corsair psu)

m
0
l
Related resources
October 31, 2009 1:49:56 PM

The temps are nice with that Room temp.

You should be worried if it goes more than 65C On full load.

"I only have a 400 watt corsair psu"
For your PSU you can easily run a HD5770.




m
0
l
October 31, 2009 4:32:07 PM

shubham1401 said:
The temps are nice with that Room temp.

You should be worried if it goes more than 65C On full load.

"I only have a 400 watt corsair psu"
For your PSU you can easily run a HD5770.


To OP: don't worry your temps are great.
To shubham: No, 400W is probably not enough look here:

ATI Radeon™ HD 5770 System Requirements

* PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
* 450 Watt or greater power supply with one 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and two 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)
* Certified power supplies are recommended. Refer to http://ati.amd.com/certifiedPSU for a list of Certified products
* Minimum 1GB of system memory
* Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
* DVD playback requires DVD drive
* Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive
* For an ATI CrossFireX™ system, a second ATI Radeon™ HD 5770 graphics card, an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable per graphics card (included) are required

m
0
l
October 31, 2009 6:29:26 PM

overshocks said:

To shubham: No, 400W is probably not enough look here:



ATI over estimate the required Wattage of PSU.
CX400(OP's PSU) is a nice one with 30 Amps on 12V.

This I Pasted from Tom's review on 5770 & 5750.

"ATI rates the Radeon HD 5770 for 18W of power consumption at idle and 108W maximum board power at load. The Radeon HD 5750 is even lower at 16W idle and 86W under load."

m
0
l
October 31, 2009 6:34:25 PM

shubham1401 said:
ATI over estimate the required Wattage of PSU.
CX400(OP's PSU) is a nice one with 30 Amps on 12V.

This I Pasted from Tom's review on 5770 & 5750.

"ATI rates the Radeon HD 5770 for 18W of power consumption at idle and 108W maximum board power at load. The Radeon HD 5750 is even lower at 16W idle and 86W under load."


I know Ati over estimates because they "recommend" that amount of watts you'll need.

Also, I said "probably", meaning it depends on the final config of his build like how many hard drives, planning another video card....etc
m
0
l
!