Corsair CM2X-1024 6400 / StrikerExtreme(need advice)

Damianjp

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2008
Hey guys , whats up

I had some trouble this morning when I started my PC. 3 fans plugged into the M/B and the system wouldn't start, no beeps.
1 fan ran at a slower than usaual speed , 1 took abit to get up to full RPM , and 1 didn't work at all until I switched it to a different OptFan slot on the striker extreme.

I took out both sticks (2x1GB) and plugged them back in and it seem to resolve the problem. Very strange.

But I was looking around and some forums and a couple of other people had Strikers fry their memory so I decided to do a test with Memtest86+ . Heres the screen.
DSC00849.jpg

Then I looked up my memory to find it's specs which are
CM2X-1024 6400
5-5-5-18
800MHZ
1.8V

I check BIOS and came across A.I.overclock/tuning and there was 5 settings. I was thinking of using either Standard or Auto.Mabey I'm going to have to set them up Manually.

Manual
Auto
Standard
A.I.Overclock
A.I.NOS

I'm not overclocking anything but I'm worried my memory isn't setup right cause of the errors with memtest86+ but both sticks work fine now still with the errors.

Also I saw my RAM voltage at 1.9 when It says 1.8 on the side/specs of the memory sticks.Can this give errors on memtest86+ or slowly kill my RAM?

Heres the volts screen. Also are the other volts good besides the memory?
DSC00852.jpg

Lemme know what you think I should do, about the RAM setting in BIOS or anything else.

Thanks,
DamianJP

XMSYellowbeard

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
Drop the RAM voltage is you can. IIRC, it will only go down to 1.85v on that board but do 1.8v if you can.

Also, Memtest has a conflict with a setting on the ASUS boards. For Memtesting, disable Legacy USB Support in the BIOS and test each module individually for 3-5 passes each.

Damianjp

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2008
Thanks again YellowBeard !!!

You the man, and must go out of your way to help Corsair members on different forums too. :sol:

Memtest tip is awsome too!

Long live CORSAIR

Rock on,
DamianJP