Samsung 2494 problems

ross jewell

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Hello
I just purchased a Samsung 2494HM monitor. It runs great except for 2 problems.
1) every so often approx every hour, it launches my browser and goes to the Samsung home page. How can I stop this?

2) After performing the rotation and come back to the horizontal mode, the screen width is shrunk. There is about a 1 inch margin on the left and right. The resolution setting in control panel have not changed and are still correct. The only 'fix' seems to be to reboot. The screen also shrinks under other circumstances as of yet undetermined. It the monitor is in sleep mode, it often comes back shrunk horizontally.

I am running on XP Pro with an Intel 82915G/GV/910GL display adapter.

Any suggestions?

vizeta

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I got the same problem. But I found it only happens when xp cannot detect the "plug and play monitor". When I see default monitor as "plug and play monitor" after couple restart, this problem gone. Have u found the solution yet?

ross jewell

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009

Thanks for your answer. Yes, the rotation problem seems to have corrected itself. Not sure what I did that finally made it work, but my monitor type now shows as the Samsung.

The problem with 'phoning home' and randomly launching notepad was finally solved when I discovered a sub menu in Magic Tune that had the Samsumg URL in it and notebook. The menus down at that level do not agree at all with what the help file says (typical). I have no idea what this menu is supposed to do or how these items are activated, but I cleared them out and all seems to be well.