nyfirefly11

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
I have a silverstone lc01 case with an old Asus mobo, and when I press the power button when I'm in the BIOS or in any UBCD apps, the computer restarts as opposed to just shutting down and staying off...any thoughts?

The switch connection is definitely on the correct pins, although the wire colors and blue/white, and the mobo's power sw colors are light green..not sure if the case was wired incorrectly...I got this back from a friend, and i can't remember if it worked correctly before.

nyfirefly11

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
positive..checked both the manual and the writing on the board...the weird thing is that the case's wiring is blue/white, and the blue/white on the mobo is for reset. but it's definitely in the power sw slot.

the mobo manual says that in that slot pressing the button should put the comp to sleep or in a soft off, depending on the BIOS settings. If you hold for 4 secs it should power off. I'll check the BIOS settings...maybe something's wonky. I can't try the 4 seconds now cause it's in the middle of something.

Pilk

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
Hey there if there is a reset switch on the chassis try put that on the power switch jumpers in stead of the power switch, then see what happens, if it works then yes it has been physically wired incorrectly.

Sweet Rob."

nyfirefly11

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
well, I don't know what it is, but something's wonky. The BIOS is set up correctly, with the pwr button set to on/off (the only other choice is standby). The LED's are correct, b/c they're working. I guess it's not a huge deal, as I can use the pwr switch on the PSU, and I've got the OS installed, so I can shut down from there.