Last response: in Overclocking
March 5, 2012 6:32:03 PM

Hello,

I have
ASUS M5A78L-M USB3
AMD X6 Core FX-6100
4 X 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz
ZALMAN CNPS5X Performa

I can overclock the CPU with software to 3.9ghz and at full load the max temp is 19C.

I dont want to use software to overclock but cant for the life of me figure out how to do it from the Bios.

The Bios allows you to add a AMD Smart Profile file from C:/ when in the bios, so i presume i need to build a file 1st to overclock.
I installed AMD overdrive application but in the smart profile bit everything is blank and wont allow me to enter anything.

Have I got the right idea on making a profile to overclock from the bios? or am i missing somthing obvious.

Thanks

More about : amd smart profile

a b À AMD
a c 295 K Overclocking
March 5, 2012 7:14:37 PM

Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

If you want good results and good OC for that CPU, start to use the BIOS and avoid those OC software.
m
l
March 5, 2012 7:18:57 PM

That was the whole point of the thread.

The only way i see to overclock the CPU from the bios is to use a Smart Profile. But im stumped on how to do it.
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
March 17, 2012 8:26:53 PM

I'm not familiar with your motherboard but tool around in the BIOS until you find something along on the lines of CPU multiplier and start by adjusting that. You know, there are quite extensive overclocking guides for reference on this forum.
m
l
March 17, 2012 8:51:28 PM

I have sorted it,
AMD OverDrive alters the bios for you but only when you have the default Bios setting applied, I had already changed the default values to +12% so it wouldnt work.

The Bios now shows 4.1Ghz when booting.
m
l
!