Sign in with
Your question

Bang bang inside ODD

Last response: in Components
January 17, 2010 5:14:33 PM

Did ne1 experienced as i had
a sony combo drive used to copy a game then played for 1 hour w/o using the disk drive then after closing the game i tried to open another file from the disc then bang bang happend and the tray just opened with the pieces.
After that i did unscrew the drive breaking the warranty seal to clean the ***.
Why did that happen?

More about : bang bang inside odd

January 17, 2010 10:19:49 PM

"bang bang happened"

[:mousemonkey:5]

it broke because you didn't use proper english
a b ) Power supply
January 17, 2010 10:29:27 PM

mosfet429546 said:
Did ne1 experienced as i had
a sony combo drive used to copy a game then played for 1 hour w/o using the disk drive then after closing the game i tried to open another file from the disc then bang bang happend and the tray just opened with the pieces.
After that i did unscrew the drive breaking the warranty seal to clean the ***.
Why did that happen?

Because you copied a game the anti-pirate gods hath struck down your ODD, now you have to buy ten copies of the game you copied and give them all away to orphans.
Related resources
January 18, 2010 5:17:13 AM

Proper eng ?
My system jst ignored me due to the "english" i used good joke.
Ok i think i shud do that buy and give but what will they(orfn) do with dos disc they cant even use it as a plate as it has a "hole" in the center :-@
a b ) Power supply
January 18, 2010 6:54:43 AM

yup. I've had that happen.

afterwards my dad took all the pieces and put tomb-raider 4 back together!!!

I was installing the game.

anyways I agree with mousemonkey, go buy 10 copies of the game!
January 18, 2010 7:37:16 AM

Lets use pen drives and iso's to make our home green
January 18, 2010 4:08:15 PM

yeah you do that and then learn some english

hey my CPU went fry fry inside
January 18, 2010 6:29:01 PM

Dunno. Probably a poor quality CD or DVD that shattered as the drive span up.
January 18, 2010 6:38:41 PM

IF you have an old cd / dvd it can happen, or a overused one

i remember diablo II discs going like that, because ppl didn't install the full game and the music was constantly loaded from disc, and things just died

i always rip cd/dvds, legit or not to hdd with isos to prevent this exact occurrence. but hey I have 4000 GB (4 TB) JBOD configuration storage setup, so I can archive any dvd / cd I come across
January 19, 2010 6:00:13 AM

Yeah thats a good idea big hdd
January 19, 2010 2:12:15 PM

it's the only way to go imo, and the thing is likely to grow when the 1 tb drives go to the 60 dollar CAD segment :p 
a b ) Power supply
January 19, 2010 2:20:00 PM

theholylancer said:

i always rip cd/dvds, legit or not to hdd with isos to prevent this exact occurrence. but hey I have 4000 GB (4 TB) JBOD configuration storage setup, so I can archive any dvd / cd I come across

I've always done the same - since the mid 80's - when it actually made a difference in game performance back when games used the Disk during gameplay instead of just as a security feature to ensure it was an original - since HDD performance has always been faster than CD\DVD player having the .iso on a HDD made the disk access much faster - plus the added benefit of not letting your original discs get scratched and become unuseable since they are tucked away in their jewel cases and placed in a drawer. And have not seen any reason to change that since then (other than the good old game manufacturers and their attempts to keep you from being able to do it -though there have always been methods around those and probably always will be !) - For awhile before DVD's became the norm it also made it alot easier on those games that had 4 or 5 CD's that you had to keep swapping in game !
!