Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help-What kind of connector is this and where does it go?

Last response: in Motherboards
April 29, 2010 2:45:59 AM

I just installed a new MB and am trying to connect everything up. Everything is working except the front audio panel which has an Firewire/USB port.
Does this connector have anything to do with it? It appears to be coming from that specific front panel, but I have no idea where it would go on the MB.
I have a Gigabyte PD55-UD2 MB.

More about : kind connector

a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2010 3:17:11 AM

It almost locks like it could be USB. What are the colors of the wires?
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2010 3:20:26 AM

Problem is, aren't Firewire and USB plugs identical? Could you take a picture of all of the plugs coming out of the Front Panel?
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2010 9:30:41 PM

looks like the speaker plug, usually usb and fire plugs are paired in a rectangle

are there any markings on it?
can you take a pic of all the connectors and where they come from ?
April 29, 2010 9:37:07 PM

i have a connector like that for an internal card reader, i just plug it into usb header and it works fine.