Jump Drive (USB mini drive)

I attached a USB drive, mini, and it shows up in the
device manager and says it's working with a assigned
drive of G: but it is not showing up in "My Computer" or
in my Explorer, so I can not save anything to this drive.
Why is it not showing up?
I have drive A: Floppy, Drive D: DVD, Drive E: CD, and
Drive F: ZIP, but it does not show a Drive G:.

What do I have to do?

Thank you
4 answers Last reply
More about jump drive mini drive

    Challe wrote:
    > I attached a USB drive, mini, and it shows up in the
    > device manager and says it's working with a assigned
    > drive of G: but it is not showing up in "My Computer" or
    > in my Explorer, so I can not save anything to this drive.
    > Why is it not showing up?
    > I have drive A: Floppy, Drive D: DVD, Drive E: CD, and
    > Drive F: ZIP, but it does not show a Drive G:.
    >
    > What do I have to do?
    >
    > Thank you
    Try something sinple by removing the Jump Drive from the USB jack entirely,
    wait about 15-20 seconds, then plug it back in to a USB jack. Hopefully you
    will see a found hardware, drive, etc, popup. Anyway, then re-check "My
    Computer". Hope it works.

    --
    Gene K

    Thank you for your response but that is not it. I have
    done this many times already. Thank you again for your
    try.

    Are you using tweakui by any chance and hidden the G:\

    "Challe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thank you for your response but that is not it. I have
    > done this many times already. Thank you again for your
    > try.

    I'm not even sure what "tweakui" is, so I guess I'm not.
    But what is this about hiding G:\

Configuration Windows XP