picture opening

I just upgraded from ME to XP home. I bought the Windows
XP UPGRADE. Now I can't open my pictures. Every time I
go to oen a picture, Windows Media Player 9 opens up. I
want Windows Picture and Fax Vierew to be my default
picture opener. How do I set something to do that?

HELP!
gary
2 answers Last reply
More about picture opening

    Open an Explorer window, click on the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
    Click the File Type tab and then scroll down the list to find JPG, JPEG and
    any other file types that you use for pictures. For each file type, select
    it, click on the Change... button and choose the application you want to be
    the default app (eg Windows Picture and Fax Viewer) for that file type.

    "Gary" <ravioli204@aol.com> wrote in message
    > I just upgraded from ME to XP home. I bought the Windows
    > XP UPGRADE. Now I can't open my pictures. Every time I
    > go to oen a picture, Windows Media Player 9 opens up. I
    > want Windows Picture and Fax Vierew to be my default
    > picture opener. How do I set something to do that?
    >
    > HELP!
    > gary

    Right-click a picture, go to Open With, and select "Choose Program". Select
    the Picture and Fax Viewer and be sure to check "Always use the selected
    program ..."

    --
    Please reply in newsgroup.

    "Gary" <ravioli204@aol.com> wrote in message
    >I just upgraded from ME to XP home. I bought the Windows
    > XP UPGRADE. Now I can't open my pictures. Every time I
    > go to oen a picture, Windows Media Player 9 opens up. I
    > want Windows Picture and Fax Vierew to be my default
    > picture opener. How do I set something to do that?
    >
    > HELP!
    > gary

Configuration Windows XP