picture opening

August 29, 2004 5:27:16 PM

I just upgraded from ME to XP home. I bought the Windows
XP UPGRADE. Now I can't open my pictures. Every time I
go to oen a picture, Windows Media Player 9 opens up. I
want Windows Picture and Fax Vierew to be my default
picture opener. How do I set something to do that?

HELP!
gary

More about : picture opening

Anonymous
August 30, 2004 1:03:47 AM

Open an Explorer window, click on the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
Click the File Type tab and then scroll down the list to find JPG, JPEG and
any other file types that you use for pictures. For each file type, select
it, click on the Change... button and choose the application you want to be
the default app (eg Windows Picture and Fax Viewer) for that file type.

"Gary" <ravioli204@aol.com> wrote in message
> I just upgraded from ME to XP home. I bought the Windows
> XP UPGRADE. Now I can't open my pictures. Every time I
> go to oen a picture, Windows Media Player 9 opens up. I
> want Windows Picture and Fax Vierew to be my default
> picture opener. How do I set something to do that?
>
> HELP!
> gary
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 6:54:48 PM

Right-click a picture, go to Open With, and select "Choose Program". Select
the Picture and Fax Viewer and be sure to check "Always use the selected
program ..."

--
Please reply in newsgroup.

!