Are my temps normal??

ajth87

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
Hey everyone,

Well I just bought the Asus CG5270 a few days ago. I have been monitoring the temperatures because of having read that these systems tend to have issues with getting hot. I am going to purchase two case fans, or to intake air in the front of case and one to remove air from the rear of case. As for now I downloaded speedfan and real temp as well as use AI Probe to monitor the temps. As far as the temps read, I get these temps for speedfan
System: 38 (never changes?)
CPU: normally mid to upper 40's
Core 0: 34-36
Core 1: 29-31
Core 2: 35-37
Core 3: 35-37

These are the average temperatures when I'm doing normal functions such as internet or word processing. I haven't did any gaming yet to see those temps. Are these temps normal?? Thanks..

All good for idle temps for a moderate day.

Post the temps uder load ... say after running a game for 10 mins.

Make sure you get those fans in as the Quad will need them - tidy up the internal cables to keep the airflow going.

It needs a bigger PSU if you plan to upgrade the graphics - has a 400w unit.

Cheers.

ajth87

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
Thanks!! I actually am using the stock CPU fan. I just bought the pc a few days ago and haven't changed a thing! I will be buying a new graphics card and a larger PSU within the next couple weeks as well as the two case fans once I decide exactly what I am going to get ..I will also post the temps after having played a game for a little while.. Thanks again and I will re-post once I get new temps from gaming..

ajth87

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
Well I just played 15 minutes of Counter Strike.. The temperature read:
CPU: 54
Core 0: 43
Core 1: 37
Core 2: 43
Core 3: 43

As I was typing this, I checked back and the temps are just about back to their normal values.

Latest posts