Gulftown i7 980 Hex Core Engineering Sample

muratgemici2003

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
I just purchased this chip which fits in LGA1366 from Taiwan for only $1200. I can't wait to play around with it. The seller stated that he received 100 engineering samples from Intel's partner and the chip will fit on a standard X58 motherboard. I'll keep you informed as soon as I receive it this week....

Intel won't be pleased someone is selling ES and it puts pressure on the other players who are lucky enough to have some to play with.

The guy who got 100 samples (FREE OF COURSE) and is selling it needs a kick in the pants.

That is just not cricket ...

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
Last I 'heard' from a wee birdy, is that Intel is now sending ES chips out with internal identifiers for each supplier that they send samples to... But I am sure that is just BS, and the OP has nothing to worry about, nor his 'buddy' in Taiwan.

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
Intel should just release their ES chips with some sort of limited life... like one that can't compute a date past a certain point or just won't post after a certain date... that way they could be used how they're supposed to be used and that would equally discourage people from buying them for personal use.

trgTyson

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010

Plenty, I know with Asus anyways there is a list of which BIOS for which motherboard will work. The new P6X58D Premium is ready out the box.

But yes, Kudos on the processor..but with only an estimated 2 months till estimated official release I would have personally waited and got the 3.33ghz X-E (unlocked multiplier) version for around the same price or a little less.

wd5fdl

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

when they do you will unexpectedly and unknowingly buy one at full retail price
then all of a sudden one day click ur pc dies and displays " engineering sample expired "
hehehe...hehehe...hehe...........wouldnt that be a bummer...